FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472238 times)

Dug1898

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #9270 on: May 13, 2022, 02:36 PM »
Congrats to all you successful fishermen and women and a really nice turkey to boot!
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

mcully

« Reply #9271 on: May 14, 2022, 04:26 PM »
For a million eyes it was not easy today. Blades and raps for 8 hours two people and we kept 6 and caught maybe a dozen hitting spots that typically produce this time of the year. For a really nice day not many boats on the water. Thinking these gas prices have people shut down to a degree. Nothing over 18”

reeleyz

« Reply #9272 on: May 14, 2022, 06:02 PM »
The lake has been void of boats when I have been out.

Gas prices and aging anglers maybe?

Or they’re waiting for the fish to be on fire before they go out.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #9273 on: May 14, 2022, 07:53 PM »
The lake has been void of boats when I have been out.

Gas prices and aging anglers maybe?

Or they’re waiting for the fish to be on fire before they go out.

I'm going to Assume gas prices. My buddies cousins cuddy cabin was between 1/2-3/4 of a tank and cost him 350+ to fill it granted he bought at the marina but still 1/4-1/2 tank.over 300

Hardwater2

« Reply #9274 on: May 15, 2022, 03:58 PM »
For a million eyes it was not easy today. Blades and raps for 8 hours two people and we kept 6 and caught maybe a dozen hitting spots that typically produce this time of the year. For a really nice day not many boats on the water. Thinking these gas prices have people shut down to a degree. Nothing over 18”

First day out for me on Saturday. Really tough bite for us. I couldn’t believe the lake temps. The morning we found temps along the North Shore at 64* by that afternoon it was 74*. South shore was about 5* cooler on average.
Felt like August out there! Was nice to be out though.

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #9275 on: May 16, 2022, 03:28 PM »
Fished Saturday as well and was slow.....got there late as i am so sleep deprived all week with work.  Was nice to be out and I am not worrying about the gas prices at the lake.  If i have time to fish i will fish!!  Probably wont let the tank get to low though!! LOL

SeanP

Flukeman

« Reply #9276 on: May 17, 2022, 05:10 AM »
Fished all day Sunday, bite was tough for us. Hardly any boats out compared to years past for such a nice day. Probably half the boats we saw we're bass fishing. Even the pleasure crowd was non existent. Went by 3 Mile Bay multiple times and only saw couple boats/jet skis.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9277 on: May 26, 2022, 05:19 PM »
 Had 2 buds hit Oneida yesterday , between trolling and jigging they landed 22 keepers
 I don’t count shorts

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #9278 on: May 26, 2022, 05:34 PM »
That is a good day on the water....h2l

reeleyz

« Reply #9279 on: May 27, 2022, 06:25 AM »
That is a good day on the water....h2l

X2!

mcully

« Reply #9280 on: May 27, 2022, 08:36 AM »
Fished last Saturday and it was good. 2 of us probably jigged up 30-40 eyes from 12-21". Best was 3.25 pounds. mostly in 18' of water
Haven't been out since

filetandrelease

« Reply #9281 on: May 28, 2022, 02:28 PM »

I fished up north last week and the DEC boat gave us a once over ,all was good they were polite and professional, we visited for a couple mins , and they went about their business

zaphod4

« Reply #9282 on: May 30, 2022, 04:49 PM »
Fished 20 to 30 fow west end near the islands.Started jigging and blades at around 6am.Wind blowing pretty good out of the east.Got one short hit.Ran east of 130. Trolled spinners and sticks.Got to beauties right off the bat and lost them both at the boat.Then wind died and sun came out.Nothing rest of day except one perch.Did pull a boat in at around 11:30.Poor guy lost his prop.Guy told me 3 or 4 boats drove passed him while he was waving his distress flag.Must be they have never been stuck out on the water before.Not sure how you just pass someone by when they need help.Guy was very thankful.Offered me money so I told him to just pay it forward.Because that’s what we do.
Think next trip I’m heading back to the east end.I know it much better and for some reason I always seem to catch eyes during all times during the day there.Not always fast and furious.But the pretty consistent and usually a flurry around 11:30am.I have no explanation.But it almost always seems to happen.

greensider

« Reply #9283 on: May 30, 2022, 05:01 PM »
Great job I have pulled in a few always help it's actually the law they could be ticketed for not helping

filetandrelease

« Reply #9284 on: May 30, 2022, 05:05 PM »
 Good job Zap helping out , I could never leave someone stranded , there are good people , then their are the Richard craniums of the world 😡

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.