FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Refreshed  (Read 1289 times)

bogtrotter

Refreshed
« on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:20 AM »
All the rain we have been having lately has definitely recharged the streams, which are finally back up to respectable levels.

I fished the North Hoosic in North Adams for an hour and a half yesterday, from Natural Marble Bridge State Park to below the Eclipse Mill dam.

Mostly sunny, 82 degrees, light breeze.

I caught five trout (two brookies, and three browns, with the biggest brown about 12 inches long) and lost two more.

This was definitely better than my last outing on the North Branch, where two and a half hours of fishing turned up just one 9 inch brown.

lowaccord66

Re: Refreshed
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:54 AM »
Nice work, water is still low around me but I've been getting a few here and there as well.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2016, 09:32 AM »
What's the water temp now? Any idea?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2016, 09:38 AM »
For where I fish low 60's.  This is an exception though as the water is being pumped from a deep res. and the temp doesnt fluctuate much.

Baitbucket

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2016, 07:21 AM »

Was out on the Quabbin last week and water temps were around 78deg.

JoeGG

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2016, 06:56 PM »
Lakes are much different than stream temps. Much higher

bogtrotter

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2016, 09:41 PM »

Sorry, I have no idea re water temps - - other than "warmer" or "cooler."  I would say that, overall, the streams are cooler than they were a couple weeks ago, but I could not put a number to it.

I used to own a water thermometer that I carried in my vest, but it shattered.  Then I got another one, but found it was wildly unreliable, so I tossed it.

I do agree with the comment that streams are generally cooler than lakes/ponds - - although (obviously) the devil is in the details.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.