FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It’s fish  (Read 14824 times)

lowaccord66

Re: It’s fish
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2022, 12:59 AM »
I love it!  My buddy was chasing weakfish a couple days ago on the fly.  Ill be joining.  Z you outta come visit when the albies run and we can get all the line burn!

Sick flatties aquaman!

Steve H.

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2022, 07:34 AM »
Met up with Steve H last night, and got into a few, and landed one. He did manage a nice one that put up a good fight on the long rod. Feel free to post it if you want, but it was a chunky fish from what I have seen lately.

Great to finally meet up with you Zach!  Good time, though we really had to work for them.  Hoping it's a sign of a good strong run this season.

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

zwiggles

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2022, 10:08 AM »
I’ve been off all week and keeping on the fish. Highlight so far was 5 acres of blitzing fish all around me in a yak, and armed with a 9w. Got 10 or so fish once my buddy told me to grab a yak and head there from 8-10. At one point I just sat there and had a smoke and watched the fish going to town with birds and even a seal getting in on the action. Shortly after the blitzes stopped, and I picked up a few more before paddling back to shore just plain exhausted.

lowaccord66

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2022, 11:27 AM »
Nothing better. 

zwiggles

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2022, 09:53 AM »
So good:

zwiggles

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2022, 10:16 AM »
My buddy treated me to a real motor boat trip, and I far prefer the gas powered boats vs muscle powered  8)

We fished from 5-9 and landed well over 30 fish between us. Once we found the fish/birds it was basically non stop. All on the fly rod again, and we even got a few top water takes this time!

lowaccord66

« Reply #51 on: Jun 01, 2022, 02:03 PM »
Starting to become my favorite thread.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #52 on: Jun 01, 2022, 04:32 PM »
Got my fair share of Flounder again in between a Softball tourney. Catch me if you can! Ate like a champ!

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Jun 01, 2022, 05:49 PM »
Got my fair share of Flounder again in between a Softball tourney. Catch me if you can! Ate like a champ!

Nice job stud..... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

AquaAssassin

« Reply #54 on: Jun 02, 2022, 04:16 PM »
That’s supposed to say * catch em while you can

Autocorrect got me again.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

swnoel

« Reply #55 on: Jun 03, 2022, 07:25 AM »

I've tried many times and never found many in any numbers. Good to see you got enough for a good meal!

mowbizz

« Reply #56 on: Jun 03, 2022, 07:38 AM »
Nice! Flounder are the best! 😊

zwiggles

« Reply #57 on: Jun 03, 2022, 08:59 PM »
I got out last weekend on the holiday with my father and cousin to try some bass from kayaks in our local river systems. Late start and took a minute to figure out the kayaks, but I got one schooly and another low 20s bass. My little cousin got another similar sized bass that made the trip:

It was a great way to end a week of vacation, and basically 10 straight days of chasing fish in the salt.

zwiggles

« Reply #58 on: Jun 03, 2022, 09:04 PM »
Work this week was chaos, and I did not fish until Friday night. Went out after dinner not expecting much, but on my second spot I hooked into a small bass on the second cast. Then after 6 small bass, I hooked something different, and then it leapt out of the water like a salmon. Sure enough my first Shad ever, and also on the fly came to hand:

Fish like this are rare in NH and I was pumped to say the least. Thanks to the gentleman who watched me catch the fish, and took a photo for me to confirm what it was.

I then caught a dozen more small bass in the same spot, on the same dinky black Clouser. Right as the tide seemed to come slack, and the sunlight was gone I hooked 3 good sized bass in a row all in maybe 3’ of water tops. All took me into the backing, and made the night top notch. At this point I will not complain about small bass, but the fight a mid 20s fish has on the fly rod is just the best.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #59 on: Jun 04, 2022, 07:36 AM »
Killer accomplishment buddy, nice work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.