MFF US Northeast > Maine

February-March....A Long Journey and Barely Made the Destination

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jim C.:
Thanks, Wayne.  Our "early spring" has sure stalled.  It doesn't look great any time soon.  May need chest waders rather than the usual hip boots for the 4/1 brook opener.  Hopefully we see your browns on here soon!

--- Quote from: fish wayniac on Mar 29, 2024, 05:55 AM ---Jim, You are the “Nutty fisherman” for open water fishing for 13 years .Just kidding !🥶 I always enjoy your posts seeing fish pics and landscapes . Hopefully April brings more fish to the net for you. After an early ice out the last 3 weeks waiting to troll have been painful for me.

--- End quote ---

Jim C.:
Nice to see you on here again.  Hope to see your posts and pics more often!

--- Quote from: franklin fisher on Mar 29, 2024, 08:44 AM ---  I haven't been on here for a long time. Great to read one of your posts Jim.  I always have enjoyed them.

--- End quote ---

gamefisher:
The recreational property landscape has changed so much in Maine unfortunately. When I moved onto my camp road 25 years ago it was all mainers.  Now,  three mainers left,  properties being gobbled up since covid and the people buying them don't subscribe to the "can't we all get along" philosophy. Hold the knowledge of permissive trespass  and harrassment of sportsman's in your back pocket as I know you do  Jim.  Some cool photos,  that boat may start a little hard 😜

Jim C.:
Many truths in what you say, Eric.  The remote "work" thing is wrapped around a lot of this, like you say since covid.  I always leave spots cleaner than I find them out of respect.....rarely is that sentiment returned.

--- Quote from: gamefisher on Mar 29, 2024, 03:00 PM ---The recreational property landscape has changed so much in Maine unfortunately. When I moved onto my camp road 25 years ago it was all mainers.  Now,  three mainers left,  properties being gobbled up since covid and the people buying them don't subscribe to the "can't we all get along" philosophy. Hold the knowledge of permissive trespass  and harrassment of sportsman's in your back pocket as I know you do  Jim.  Some cool photos,  that boat may start a little hard 😜

--- End quote ---

TightLinesMaine:
Great report! That first brown trout is an awesome fish, definitely has been in the lake or river (my guess is lake?) a while judging by the silver/chromed up color on it, and way to salvage March!

We have a lot in common; good coffee & strong IPAs!  8)

I did not fish at all in March unfortunately but got out today (now yesterday) at least, was a success too. 

and that video...  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version