MyFishFinder Canada > Saskatchewan

Lake Lenore

(1/12) > >>

anglerbrian:
Made it out Lake lenore (Small) yesterday. Fishing was decent. I caught 9 walleye ranging from 2-6 lbs.
Kept a couple for supper.  I was surprised we didnt even get one Pike. My sister had a nice perch on but it never made it into the boat.
  It was a beautiful day for fishing.  Things should start to pick up now that the water has warmed a little.

SaskWatch:
Is there still a mercury warning for LL?

nicemustang:
Where on little lake were you?

anglerbrian:
I was out in front of the house on the west side for the most part.
As for mercury you will find it is in every lake in southern Sask , as it is a component of our soil.
Dont worry about it unless you plan on living on fish only.

anglerbrian:
A little info on mercury in Sask Lakes
http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=2a256b90-19c2-4865-9e89-a5723f5b990c&MediaID=4256&Filename=Mercury+in+Fish+Consumption+Report+2009.pdf&l=English

Also from the fishing guide
February 12, 2009 - Revised Fish Consumption Guidelines Established for Lake Lenore
After reviewing results of recent testing for mercury in walleye and northern pike taken from Lake Lenore, the Ministry of Environment has issued revised guidelines for eating fish from the lake:

Walleye:

• Children and pregnant women should not eat walleye over 40 centimetres long.
• Healthy adults should limit their consumption of walleye over 40 cm. long, as follows:

o No more than one meal/week if walleye are between 40 and 50 cm. long.
o No more than one meal/two weeks if walleye are between 50 and 60 cm. long.

• Walleye longer than 60 cm. should not be eaten.

Northern Pike:

• Children and pregnant women should not eat northern pike over 50 cm. long.
• Healthy adults should limit their consumption of northern pike over 50 cm. long to no more than one meal/week.

One meal is 0.23 kilograms (1/2 pound or 8 ounces) of fish

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version