FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thunderdome Winner?  (Read 6589 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Thunderdome Winner?
« on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:55 PM »
We have the second best race of the whole season coming up this weekend,  who do you think will take the trophy?  I will make no bones about being a Rusty Wallace fan I really believe he will take the race this weekend.  I took him as my driver for fantasy this weekend,  I have that much faith in him at the short tracks.  Lets really get sme debate going fellas.

Mike

fishNH

• Best of both worlds - open water and ice fishing!
Re: Thunderdome Winner?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Yeah - rusty is really good at Bristol.  I hate to even mention his name cuz I can't stand him, but Kurt Busch seems to do real well there too. 
ice fishNH @ IS  huntNH @ MHF

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Im a Kurt fan so I say he will do good this weekend.  I wouldnt count out Jeff Gordon either.  Should be a good race either way.  Who do you think will take the pole?  I'd say for that its gonna be "Rocket Man" Ryan Newman.
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Speaking of guys I can't stand;  Kurt Busch,  Jeff Gordon.  I understand about guys I don't like,  doesn't mean they can't drive a race car real good,  just means I really don't like them,  personality-wise I guess.

Mike

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Go Rusty....can't stand Kevin Harvick
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

Pikeguy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2005, 12:40 PM »
Go Rusty, can't stand Jeff Gordon  :sick:

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2005, 04:04 PM »
GO JEFF GORDON put all the faith you want in rusty i like the guy but he hassnt done much since '89 though and how does ryan newman win so many poles but never finish anywhere up front i dont mind the guy (other than his crapy driving bumping gordon from the win a couple weeks ago) but is it he just cant drive in traffic? or is there something else?

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2005, 05:31 PM »
2 Things Arch.  First,  Rusty has done plenty since 89'  maybe not as much in recent years,  but can't discount what he has done so far this year and the fact that he has over 50 wins.  Second,  I have seen Gordon bump someone from the lead more than once,  so don't throw stones in glass houses.  And A,  I don't really care for Newman other than his fishing.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2005, 05:40 PM »
first what has rusty done since '89 he has 55 victories in 21 years his best finish in points since '89 was 2003 14th and last year 16th other than that has he been in the top 20? i like rusty and all but dont make stuff up     and are you refering to a certain race where gordon bumped rusty for the win? good  cause even rusty said he would have done the same and when gordon bumps someone for the lead he doesnt finish in the mid teens he WINS

i love nascar arguments you can never win one and everyone gets real upset i know people that would fight for E over their own mothers ;D

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2005, 05:55 PM »
Points standings since 89:

90  6th  2 wins
91  10th  2 wins
92  13th  1 win
93  2nd  10 wins
94  3rd  8 wins
95  5th  2 wins
96  7th  5 wins
97  9th  1 win
98  4th  1 win
99  8th  1 win
00  7th  4 wins
01  7th  1 win
02  7th  0 wins
03  14th 0 wins
04  17th  1 win

I believe that is ten straight years in the top 10 in Points. :clapping:  I understand that he has had a couple bad years,  but don't knock the guys career.  I give all the credit in the world to Jeff Gordon and think he is the best Stock Car driver driving right now. :flex: :bowdown:  BUT,  I don't like him and I will let you know. :cookoo: :nono: :sick:  Yes,  Rusty said he would do the same thing about bumping someone for the win and he has,  but don't go knocking drivers for doing things that your driver has done himself.  HAHA,  after reading the E comment 3 times,  I finally got it.  You are right,  Nascar arguments are great :cursing: :flex: :cookoo: and the sport is great. :flag:

JEFF GORDON SUCKS EGGS
Mike :afro:

archbishop

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:10 PM »
well dont be too hard on old rusty he finished 16th last year not 17th ;D and gordon has been in the top  10 for the past 11 years out of 12 and i was knocking newman because he doesnt win crap but poles and jeff bumps and wins along with others newman bumps out of frustration cause he cant win and screws himself and others up when newman bumps for the win you can accuse me of knocking other drivers for the same thing my driver does and sure gordon sucks eggs and have you seen the body those eggs are attached too :o

93 14
94 8
95 1
96 2
97 1
98 1
99 6
00 9
01 1
02 4
03 4
04 3

looks like 8 out of 12 years in the top 5 and 4 championships and only 1 year (his rookie year) out of the top 10

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Man I loved watching his rookie year.  I think he even hit the pace car that year. :o :clapping:

Mike :evil:

archbishop

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:53 PM »
i didnt start watching till after his rookie year i had an uncle that works for dupont and my # in high school and college was 24 so i went with it was it 93 when he finished 14th or 92 when he raced a parcial season and finished 81 (i think) that he was wreaking alot?

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Well Rusty was fastest in morning practice this morning so I'd say he has a good shot at the pole and even the race now. 8)
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

archbishop

« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2005, 08:46 AM »
well there both in the top 5 and no newman on the pole man i love bristol its gonna be a good one i gotta go out and get batteries for my walkie talkie to take fishing tomorrow good luck to all non-junior fans ;D
boy that aughta start another argument ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.