FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ozzy's Open Water Tour '05  (Read 3319 times)

Ozzy

Ozzy's Open Water Tour '05
« on: May 08, 2005, 06:24 PM »
We fished Saturday for Stripers in the Hudson River in New York and had a blast!!

Here's some pics of our awesome day

I caught the first fish, 34" 19lber

Then my buddy caught a 33"  16lber that he threw back, that was by 9:30 a.m.

The action shut down for a little while till about 4 p.m. and all of a sudden the spool was burning, FISH ON!! my friend John caught this awesome 41" that weighed 28 pounds!!  He put up a great fight and what a beautiful fish!

We caught Shad through out the day and tons of herring, 2 and 3 at a time

We had 3 guys in the boat and all 3 of us caught fish, couldnt ask for anything more, it was awesome, from what we saw and heard some people were catching them and some were not. The fishing is still sporadic but definately improved from last week, I would give anything to be out there tomorrow but cant the time off from work, maybe they'll still be here next weekend too hopefully   ;)

Deposit

Re: Ozzy's Open Water Tour '05
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 06:41 PM »
Wow looks like it was a geat day for fishing. It was a bit slow for the wife and I but she finally made up for it with this 37 inch 20lbs striper

Ozzy

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Awesome fish Deposit, atleast  you guys caught one, that was my second time out for them. I never fished for them before, now I'm hooked!!   ;D

Deposit

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Took me 3 years to finally catch em now my wife is as hooked as I am (weather permitting this was not really her ideal fishing situation LOL)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.