FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 34” Striper  (Read 1128 times)

fish wayniac

34” Striper
« on: Jul 26, 2020, 12:09 PM »
I fished the out going tide from 6 am to 11 am. The pogies were busting out of the water just off the rocks. I caught a pogie and a pollack on the same sabiki rig. After I got a few in the bucket I live lined them. I was fishing 2 rods then I was hooked up. I landed a fat 34” Striper that gave me quite a battle . While I was taking the hook out I see my other rod tip over and start sliding down the rocks toward the water. I grabbed it just before it got dragged into the water. Lol! The Striper felt the tension and dropped the bait.The one I landed was resting in a tidal pool.  I took 2 photos then revived the Striper while standing in the swells. I started videoing as it was coming back to life. It swam off strong. Only 2 bites but it was thrilling.

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
Re: 34” Striper
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2020, 01:15 PM »
Good fish!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2020, 01:22 PM »
Congrats, Wayne!  Your persistence has been rewarded 8)

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2020, 01:25 PM »
Wow, nice fish! I need to get after them again, but need to go out ready to catch some bait and have the hooks ready to use them too.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Stickbait

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2020, 04:39 PM »
Nice!! Getting closer to that 40”r.
Thank goodness for good reflexes!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.