FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chesuncook, Caribou lake Derby  (Read 1441 times)

woodchip1

Chesuncook, Caribou lake Derby
« on: Sep 02, 2020, 01:50 PM »
Big DerbyChesuncook, Caribou,Ripogeonus
                                                              Sept 5th and 6th No limit on Salmon under 16"  Chance for some good smoking  Fish   ,Should be a hot derby 500 for biggest and 500 random drawning. was in spring last year but due to Virus moved it to sept.

Steve H.

Re: Chesuncook, Caribou lake Derby
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Good post.  Here's a little more info:  https://www.ellsworthamerican.com/sports-outdoors-in-maine/the-chesuncook-salmon-derby/

Personally, I don't see the point of awarding the largest salmon if the purpose is to cull the stunted fish and improve the fishery overall. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

woodchip1

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2020, 07:35 PM »
It is a fun day when one can go out and land 10 to 15 Salmon in a morning  in a  short troll .  for a twenty dollar bill one could go home with  500 to 1000   bucks .Not bad for a couple of days fishing.

joefishmore

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2020, 11:43 AM »
It is a fun day when one can go out and land 10 to 15 Salmon in a morning  in a  short troll .  for a twenty dollar bill one could go home with  500 to 1000   bucks .Not bad for a couple of days fishing.

Doesn't Scott win it every year ?

joefishmore

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2020, 06:00 AM »
Any news on how it came out ?

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2020, 09:32 AM »
Heard the water was very low.  My buddy sent me a picture from the ramp off the Golden Road.

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Wow. That's what Lake Francis in NH looked like this weekend. At least 20 feet low.

Steve H.

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:56 PM »
Found this on FB.  Yikes.  Quite the racer.

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:59 PM »
Whiteys seem to be in good shape though.

Steve H.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2020, 02:40 PM »
Maybe the should have a perch derby.  Doubt they're getting that chunky on bugs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.