FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This one is definitely getting mounted  (Read 3454 times)

MarkNFish

Re: This one is definitely getting mounted
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Gorgeous fish!

iceman260

« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:49 AM »
Beauty of a fish congrats.

fish wayniac

« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2020, 04:30 PM »
Glen, That Salmon is a beauty. You have put your time in this season and was rewarded. Awesome!

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Beautiful fish! Congrats!

Was going to hatch Atlantic salmon eggs this fall but the Covid thing has really screwed up my market. Believe it or not the only place I could find that meets the health testing importation requirements is a farm on the west coast!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stguy

« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:52 PM »
Glen, That Salmon is a beauty. You have put your time in this season and was rewarded. Awesome!

Thanks Wayne but I gotta tell ya it was just plain luck, could have happened to anyone, we really caught it by accident.

zwiggles

« Reply #20 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:42 AM »
Interesting to say the least, had 2 clients on with limited experience, fishing was Insane all morning and already had doubles on when he hit, I netted one fish, grabbed the rod that was screaming, gave it to the guy that just landed a fish and told him to just let it keep taking line, good thing I pack my reels, I frantically pulled in one lead line, netted the fish on the other side of the boat, they where both obviously keepers so they went right into the box, the other guy pulled in the other lead line while I started helping with this one, he did an amazing job being patient and working it back to the boat, all in all about 30 minutes to get it in the net, and another 30 minutes for us all to stop shaking and catch our breath.

I'm not sure how many times it jumped but the first time was spectacular, seemed like it was in slow motion and it was posing for the camera, I wish I could have got it on camera, it would be on the cover of every fishing magazine.

:clapping: :clapping:

JDK

« Reply #21 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:54 AM »
Nice fish.

30 minutes?  What are you using for tackle?  Not questioning, just asking.

# SAND

seamonkey84

« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2020, 12:40 PM »
yes, sebago
Wow, that’s a honker! Yea I’ve seen fish that size during the fall, but never got one to bite lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

stguy

« Reply #23 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Nice fish.

30 minutes?  What are you using for tackle?  Not questioning, just asking.

I run fairly heavy gear for fresh water, I like to be prepared for the big togue.

We've been having a hell of a time keeping salmon on the hooks lately and the guys on the boat had limited experience so we played it very gently and we had to bring it 200 plus yards back to the boat and it fought every inch.

This guy actually a reeled it in, the first picture I posted was just the best pic of the fish

caught_the_fever

« Reply #24 on: Sep 10, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Wow, what a beauty of a fish.  That tail could be used as an industrial sized fan! 

Stickbait

« Reply #25 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:51 AM »
What a beauty!! Congrats. That’ll look great on the wall.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.