FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 6085 times)

crayfish2

Where is everybody?
« on: Jun 30, 2017, 08:21 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0

Perchbait and I are heading to the NEK for a few days this weekend ... Sunday through Tuesday.  Hopefully we'll have some stories of our adventures fishing :  

Willoughby, Big Averill, 'Magog, etc.

Hey Dick ... any tips on places to fish on the Conn River??  Moore Res?  

mudchuck

Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2017, 11:46 AM »
My eldest son & I just did a deep sea trip this past week out to Jefferie's Ledge area, was a mixed bag of excitement...
It started out with the trip almost being cancelled, but went on anyway.
Morning ride out was uneventful and seas were slight 1-2 waves, but by noon we had steady 5' rollers slamming us.
Tried several drifts that didn't produce much, just a few haddock here & there, more throwback cod and spiny sharks than fish into the box...
3rd or 4th respot to new drift started to produce more haddock and a few slammer Pollock so we struck around there, but the seas were getting harsh.
Several started getting seasick, and when we picked up to do another drift, we went by a pod of humpbacks which were breeching & tail slapping, and this of course was awesome to see!
Downside of the whales was we had biting flies (bait flies) from that point on and they were vicious!
Boat had a very nice sized wolf fish caught & released too, man those things have a mean look to them!
Ride back to dock was rough too, as we rode right thru a wicked thunderstorm with torrential downpouring.
Stopped just before docking to retrieve my pre-ordered lobsters and make the long ride home.

crayfish2

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2017, 01:03 PM »
That looks like fun, Mudchuck!  Where did you go out of?  I caught a wolf fish years ago ... they are nasty looking critters.

Also, I don't believe you can get lobsters any fresher than that.  Literally, right off the lobster boat!

dickbaker

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2017, 08:42 AM »
Crayfish & PB :    Upper portion of Moore is producing pike and bass now.    Stay to the NH side until   just before you get to the Concord gravel pit launch.   Trout and small mouth are still biting in the tail race below Moore Dam.  Comerford has been really hot for small mouth and some pike.
Red and white skirted Mepps(#2-5)  has been the best lure.  The launch , under the bridge below Moore is a easy place to access Comerford.
Have a great long weekend.
Dick

mudchuck

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:38 AM »
That looks like fun, Mudchuck!  Where did you go out of?  I caught a wolf fish years ago ... they are nasty looking critters.

Also, I don't believe you can get lobsters any fresher than that.  Literally, right off the lobster boat!

Kittery/Portsmouth, yes they were fresh for sure, and tasty too!

mudchuck

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Is anyone jigging lakers yet on Champlain?
I'm not quite set up fully to troll lakers/salmon, and really would like to get on some lakers if the wind isn't too stiff to get my little haze gray tinny out over some deeper water where they reside.
I've heard they're being caught around Juniper, but sounds like all trolling.
Any suggestions on where I could launch and get out to jig for them???

crayfish2

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Crayfish & PB :    Upper portion of Moore is producing pike and bass now.    Stay to the NH side until   just before you get to the Concord gravel pit launch.   Trout and small mouth are still biting in the tail race below Moore Dam.  Comerford has been really hot for small mouth and some pike.
Red and white skirted Mepps(#2-5)  has been the best lure.  The launch , under the bridge below Moore is a easy place to access Comerford.
Have a great long weekend.
Dick

Thanks for the tips, Dick.  Unfortunately we never made it over that way.  Don't know if PB is going to put up a story about it or not, though.  It wasn't very exciting, but we had fun.

dickbaker

« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2017, 04:02 PM »
 ???  Mudchuck.  Why not just wait until October and jig off the Ferry rip rap.  There's a Vt. Outdoors you tube video showing how to do it!

Crayfish?    Family , from Jeriicho , nagging me to take them on Moore or Inland Sea.  I would rather fish with you and PB when you have time?
Dick

mudchuck

« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2017, 09:23 AM »
I'm usually in the woods bow hunting in October DB.

dickbaker

« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2017, 10:38 AM »
 ;D ???  That sounds great.  How about some deer pictures this October.  Bow hunting must be a real challenge?
Dick

mudchuck

« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2017, 02:05 PM »
;D ???  That sounds great.  How about some deer pictures this October.  Bow hunting must be a real challenge?
Dick

ROFL, I am in the woods hunting, but didn't say sucessfully hunting...
Been years since I bagged one, and not for a lack of trying...lots of near misses...

dickbaker

« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2017, 04:56 PM »
mudchuck?   Crayfish and I will have to get your off PhotoBucket and onto Postimages to do your pictures!
Faster and easier and won't cost you for "Third Party Hosting".   Crayfish got me hooked up with this great site so maybe he can help you too!
Dick

mudchuck

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Did anyone see this pic from back in June at Sebago?
Wild waterspout!

mudchuck

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2017, 10:16 AM »
So now I see that photobucket has decided to thru a curveball...guess I'll switch my photos over to that other site...they're loss!

mudchuck

« Reply #14 on: Jul 24, 2017, 10:29 AM »

Sebago in June

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.