FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing in Japan  (Read 52557 times)

niru_04

Re: Fishing in Japan
« Reply #345 on: Aug 20, 2019, 12:40 PM »
>lowaccord66-san

We use simple tackle as pic, hook for eel(leader45cm),30-40g of sinker,nightlight on the tip.
Bait is earthworm.

>SHaRPS-san

Thank you. :D It ’s interesting. I have heard that eel is a popular foodstuff in Europe.There people eat like that.
In japan, we usually eat "Kabayaki" like pic. It's one of typical Japanese cuisine and a feast for us.

I'm a Japanese fisherman.

seamonkey84

« Reply #346 on: Aug 20, 2019, 02:08 PM »
You're welcome Niru-san.  Here in New England we trap eels and then use them for bait for striped bass.  Not many people eat them.

I'm curious to learn a bit more about how you fish for them?
Actually we are one of the few states that has a commercial elver industry (post lava levels). They go for big money, caught and kept alive, then sold to the Asian farms that raise them for food. I remember catching them all the time when striper fishing at night using the sand/blood worms. Same thing in fresh water, night crawlers on bottom at night. Anywhere just about every body of water that is connected by a stream/brook will have them since the young migrate upstream from the ocean, and dams don’t stop the young.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #347 on: Aug 20, 2019, 03:21 PM »
>lowaccord66 - san

Thank you. :D
My fishing policy is catching good taste fish, so this time I'm very happy. Eel is so tasty fish.

Yes I agree.  It is fun to catch and release but catching and preparing and eating is quite the experience.  I cant wait for ice fishing season for that reason!

niru_04

« Reply #348 on: Aug 20, 2019, 04:55 PM »
>seamonkey84-san

Thank you. :D I see, I learned a lot. Eel farming is a big industry in some region of Japan. Indeed, eels now have the potential to be designated as an endangered species. If complete aquaculture is being studied and the technology is complete, I think it would be very good and hope that. I pray that the culture of eating eel will not disappear.

> lowaccord66-san

Thank you. :D  I am particularly gluttonous, so I think so. And me too, I can't wait ice fishing season.

seamonkey84

« Reply #349 on: Aug 20, 2019, 06:39 PM »
This summer heat has made me dream about being on the ice. I think  the ice shanty forum is getting more daily activity right now than this site.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

niru_04

« Reply #350 on: Sep 03, 2019, 05:22 PM »
I made kokanee rice. Seasoning is soy sauce, mirin, sake and soup stock. Green vegetable is Japanese herb "Mitsuba". It's so delicious.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.