FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cortland  (Read 2436 times)

waterwolf603

Cortland
« on: Nov 30, 2011, 11:32 AM »
So I have a discontinued reel from cortland it is a 7-9 wt Cortland XC Large arbor I bought it new in April used it one time then on the SR and used it this past Novemeber on the Oak. The drag system is fried I started popping fish, i felt the rod loading up like the fish wanted to run but no line was coming off the reel, so I started to have to strip line to these fish wich sucked but its besides the point...Has anyone had trouble with this reel before.. I sent it in 2 weeks ago they recieved it as I have the tracking information and I called leaving 2 voicemails no response in over a week... I think instead of them fixing or upgrading the reel I now want a refund and to go with another company....Any suggestions?
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Cortland
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2011, 03:19 PM »
don't get an okuma integrity to replace it...had nothing but problems with mine, tried to work with okuma...they demanded i pay for the shipping to send it back, wasn't willing to do that, so I paid for the parts...and they sent me a broken anti-reverse roller bearing for a different reel...

waterwolf603

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:49 AM »
wow that is bs you musta been ticked, thanks for the advice on not going with them haha how do you feel about Orvis I heard they have poor customer service? I was thinking maybe with going with a Hatch??? Who knows I have a month or so until I will need it

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2011, 08:48 AM »
my main steelhead/salmon reel is a scientific anglers systems 2...the drag is rock solid and the reel itself is absolutely bulletproof http://buy.scientificanglers.com/fly-reels/system-2-reel-78.html     I am not familiar with orvis products and their service.

waterwolf603

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:17 AM »
cool i appreciate the recommendation i will check it out... thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.