FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oliver Lake Rainbow stomach contents  (Read 6578 times)

Piggyn

Re: Oliver Lake Rainbow stomach contents
« Reply #15 on: Jun 26, 2020, 12:49 PM »
I call it the" sperm jig".

Well now I know the secret ingredient in your fish spray attractant bottle!
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

staubsaugen

« Reply #16 on: Jun 28, 2020, 08:21 PM »
Any holdover trout, or just this year's stockers?

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:28 AM »
in the trout last night:

1 zebra muscle, 1 rock, couple leaves, corn, 1 piece of fake corn from another fisherman, and more of those clear wiggly worm things, yet to be identified.

the night gills were a bit more sluggish last night . the Saturday skiers had it all clouded up in that area.  they were still there and big but I only scratched 12. guess ill have to save that spot for weeknights. ;D and several gills had eggs in them still. 

I caught 1 trout on bobber rig.  the rest came on the "sperm jig".  2 other trout boats out lest night too.  where the fake corn came from im sure. lol

and several gills had eggs in them still.

Actually Tim they will spawn up to 4 X per year and have in my ponds. I have males clouding up the water in my biggest pond right now making beds.

Btw had a steelhead freshly float up a couple of days ago. Could not have been dead more than a day.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 03, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Too bad the corn has no nutrition value whatsoever for the trout and creates a moldy mess on the bottom. It would be better if they use sinking trout feed and would be a better attracter too.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2020, 01:16 PM »
Those look like some midge larva.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Hexagenia51

« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2020, 03:21 PM »
Those look like some midge larva.
That would be my guess also! Hex

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:33 PM »
That would be my guess also! Hex
Yep midge aka chiromonids!

InSeineNet

« Reply #22 on: Jul 15, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Hogger,
I noticed you are fishing at night on a lot of these trips... I’ve been kicking around trying my hand at it just as something else to do. I’ve been looking into lights recently and there are a bunch out there. Just curious what lights you have experience with, and which do you think is the best?

I also noticed that most of the lights seem to be green, do you have any experience with any other colors, or is green the “go to” color for submersible lighting?

Thanks for sharing!

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Jul 15, 2020, 06:44 PM »
I used to fire up a lantern but there are some disadvantages. Not good for the eyes, attract bugs, andyou have to have something to secure it to. Also you have to put fuel in the dumb thing and keep pumping it up. The submersible lights are better.

InSeineNet

« Reply #24 on: Jul 15, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! I’ll try a white light to start, I like the Saran Wrap idea that’s pretty clever.
I do like trout fishing, and they make some pretty fine table fare, but I typically don’t target them in the summer cause of the pleasure boaters. Night fishing seems like it could be a good way to evade the crowds, baking in the sun, and get some pink meat! Sounds like a guy can put the hammer down on a bunch of other species too.

InSeineNet

« Reply #25 on: Jul 16, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Can’t beat that, yesterday evening was actually pretty nice out for being almost 90 during the day. Glad ya got some before that front pushed through 😎

tater140

« Reply #26 on: Jul 16, 2020, 05:17 PM »
I wouldnt completely rule out the lanterns.  When the bugs are bad the lantern either kills them or draws them in, and a lot of them either land Or fall into the water.  Eventually the float down through the water column.  I feel like it is a bonus.  I use leds and lanterns both.  It is a lot of fun... and its hard to keep track of time without the sun above.

abishop

« Reply #27 on: Jul 17, 2020, 01:12 PM »
yes, they chewing up very nicely rite now!  lol
I agree, it has been nice hearing about what was in the fishes belly. Now I am more interested in putting some perch in mine. Just me????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.