FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishheads new project 95% done!!!  (Read 23944 times)

The Splash

Re: Fishheads new project!!!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 14, 2009, 05:50 AM »
 Blue had a good one. Let's officially kickoff  "Name Fishhead's boat contest".
  We need to know what color it is going to be when finished? NOT PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackIce

• MFF Mod Team
  • R U scared
« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:22 AM »
Heres what I have work to do on
Stop Lurking -  Join today!

fishhead16

• Is that me and Quiter? Nope not sinkin'
« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:55 AM »
Very nice on the boat Black, as far as a name I been tossing up a few...2 BUDS, ROCK BOTTOM, THE OL' FLAME. Let me know what you think. ???
If I got smart with you, you wouldn't even know!

The Splash

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2009, 09:02 AM »
Very nice on the boat Black, as far as a name I been tossing up a few...2 BUDS, ROCK BOTTOM, THE OL' FLAME. Let me know what you think. ???
Keep working on the name there buddy. After a pink shanty named stinky pinky, you have to see what people can come up with?

bloodrunsthick

« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2009, 09:37 AM »
I had the same project this year that i'm sure will be ongoing for a while. it's ALOT of fun to do and I don't want to stop working on it! but this is what we got so far...

This is what it looked like after we gutted everything out.

And this is about a month later.

Have fun with that project fishead!

RLWagner

• Rock-Bassin-Assasin!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2009, 09:48 AM »
NIce craft Jason!! With your handy work and craft skills I am sure you will have a sea worthy boat in no time flat!!!! NIce to see you keeping busy!!!

RL
Look...Is it a plane? train? a speeding bullet? ...No...it's a Rock Bass!http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u61/RLWagner/th_5d7a43d1.jpg[/img][/URL]

bloodrunsthick

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2009, 10:10 AM »
as far as the flooring goes we stayed away from carpet as well. I recommend using some garage floor apoxy paint with some sand added to it for extra grip. it works amazing.

mbrooks

• Chasing Steel with a screaming reel
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:01 AM »
I picked up a 16 foot aluminum boat at a garage sale last year and was wondering what you guys would reccomend for sealing the seams... slow leaks. I already stripped the paint down to bare metal and was gonna find some sort of a sealer to coat the whole boat.

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Yea I just picked up a lil 12 foot jon boat and was wondering the same thing??   
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

Gambler

« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:12 AM »
I picked up a 16 foot aluminum boat at a garage sale last year and was wondering what you guys would reccomend for sealing the seams... slow leaks. I already stripped the paint down to bare metal and was gonna find some sort of a sealer to coat the whole boat.

"GLUVIT" I have never used this product but have heard many good reviews about it.

http://www.boatbandit.com/travaco-gluvit-epoxy-sealer-3190.aspx
Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:21 AM »
"GLUVIT" I have never used this product but have heard many good reviews about it.

http://www.boatbandit.com/travaco-gluvit-epoxy-sealer-3190.aspx

I was looking for that in a catalog to recomend. Heard good things about it too. Never used it though.

mbrooks

• Chasing Steel with a screaming reel
« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2009, 11:23 AM »
Yeah I saw that on a different web site but I don't know anyone who can vouch for it either.
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=2091&engine=adwords!6456&keyword=gluvit

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Just a thought for ya! Try to keep some weight forward so you don't have to over trim the motor to keep the nose down. I put 190lbs of baterries in the front of mine to help. Course if quiters always sitting in the front you won't have to worry about this. :laugh:

fishhead16

• Is that me and Quiter? Nope not sinkin'
« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Well this afternoons progress.., I'll be heading to the depot for more supplys. Grab a barley pop and come home and build more. I didnt have any leaks but I did clean up the bottom and used silcone on it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I used liquid nail to adhear these ribs down                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              then the floor went down                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         some of the front framing. Mud the battery is going up front.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    And now time for a drink...                                                                                                                                                                               
If I got smart with you, you wouldn't even know!

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #29 on: Apr 14, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Looking good. I see you have the scratch pad out I'm guessing you already have a planned layout of how you want it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.