FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ess lake ?  (Read 1167 times)

sledheadsx6

ess lake ?
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:04 PM »
anyone ever fish this lake before ? ill be camping on it this weekend . iam going to fish fletchers,avalon,long,grass,mccormick and lake 15 maybe more if i have time looking to hit it hard for 4 days hope to catch some trout for dinner and what ever else i can any info on any of these lakes that u know of let me know thanks !

khaaxma

Re: ess lake ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Ess Lake has some nice walleye and perch. Stick to Lake Avalon if you want some splake.
I am blessed to live in a location where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

sledheadsx6

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:29 PM »
so whats the trick to catchin splake ? also whats the lure of choice in ess lake for those walleye ? i will be fishing for them for sure now that u said that . do you know any areas in the lake to target for walleye in ess and for splake in avalon ??

khaaxma

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:01 PM »
so whats the trick to catchin splake ? also whats the lure of choice in ess lake for those walleye ? i will be fishing for them for sure now that u said that . do you know any areas in the lake to target for walleye in ess and for splake in avalon ??
Both lakes are small enough to work the whole lake. Nightcrawlers are a good bet on both Ess Lake and Lake Avalon. Some people like to use canned sweet corn kernels for splake.
I am blessed to live in a location where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

sledheadsx6

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:19 PM »
well avalon sucked , seen some smallies but could catch anything , ess lake sucked too , seen alot of smallies, and large mouths , only seen one pike , tried everything only caught one smallie , i would like to try them when it gets warmer to see if things get better . long lake was fun caught bass , blue gills, crappie , and bunch of nice perch , had one big pike follow but miss . flechers pond was the best , bunch of nice crappie , 2 5lb bass  , and about 30in pike . lots of fun in mccormick got bunch of small brown trout , one 14in brown , lots of rock bass , seen alot of nice perch , smallies, and lots of browns and rainbows all in all was a fun weekend of fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.