FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286614 times)

rp dog

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #270 on: Apr 30, 2015, 11:27 AM »
I could tie alot a flies with some of them feathers ;D
My son my neighbor and I all have permits for the late season may 4 till end of may. I'm sure there will be more I will post something if someone gets another one. I don't think there's anything illegal about that. I will do some research on preservation to send whole skin. Might be as easy as borax but will find out . I just plucked a bunch of feathers off from one I been using them for years.
R P

bigal409

« Reply #271 on: Apr 30, 2015, 11:40 AM »
Big guy...I have lots of tail & wing feathers.  If you would like some send me a PM & I'll get them in the mail to you.
Watch it Big Guy. Postage on a mess of feathers could be a killer.  ;D ;D ;D

big_guy_13021

« Reply #272 on: Apr 30, 2015, 06:36 PM »
You behave yoursrlf bigal ;D..or no more pointers for you... :rotflol:

rp dog

« Reply #273 on: Apr 30, 2015, 10:59 PM »

My weapons of choice for gills. The small one on the dime is finished with maribou that gives them nice swimming action. I tie it on a tight knot to keep it horizontal and fish it without bait. The others are fished vertical with just a spike. You can see a couple of them have a turn or two of hackle on them and that kind of slows them down and dampens the movement. I just didn't have any horizontal ones finished that are in the house they are in my fish trap in attic of my barn. You can see the colors are endless these are just a few of what I make.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2015, 03:24 AM »
Bob's Bluegill Killer

The thing just works!   ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #275 on: May 01, 2015, 05:51 AM »
I like that rg...ill post Dans bluegill killer in a few ;D..not far off yours rg

big_guy_13021

« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2015, 06:21 AM »
Blast on a 2 wt fly rod

bigal409

« Reply #277 on: May 01, 2015, 09:07 AM »
You behave yoursrlf bigal ;D..or no more pointers for you... :rotflol:
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :thumbup_smilie:

rp dog

« Reply #278 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14 AM »
You guys are just going make me dig out my fly rod. Haven't had it out in two years I'll probably hang myself with it. Got some fly's tied but there not that pretty but like R G said they just work . If it ain't broke I don't fix it . I use a lot of brown and deep red to imitate ant's got some big trees that seem to shake ants on the water on some of the better lakes I fish . They fish just can't say no to them .
 Nice looking flies guys.  RP

Dug1898

« Reply #279 on: May 01, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Don't mean to get this off topic again but talk of turkey feathers makes me want to tell you guys that I make Turkey Wingbone Yelpers from the wingbones of course, lol. A friend who's gone blind now showed me how to make archery fletches from the primary wing feathers, I just haven't really tried it yet. I keep them in the freezer for the day I'll try. Friends bring me the wings and I filet the bones out for the calls and save the primary and secondary feathers in the freezer. My calls have a scrimshawed turkey wing on them. I wish I had photobucket; but I guess it doesn't work with mobile phones now. I had it on my desktop computer but don't have that hooked up to an Internet provider anymore. I just have the iPhone now. I know guys say it's just a story w/o pictures but I'm not BSing anybody. It's kool all the things you can make from the game we take. Gotta figure out the picture thing one of these days. I had a d**n sleep study last night or I'd have gone hunting today. Now walleye opens at midnight tonight, so not much sleep again tonight. I'll hit Otisco; but it usually takes a long time to warm up there. Don't usually see the alewives until close to memorial day. No alewives = no walleyes   :'(
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2015, 01:56 PM »
Dug i beg to differ on otisco for the eyes..there around depends on where u go ill b there one night. This weekend using a fire tiger rapala..just gota know where to go and im guessing u fish near marina or causeway..i shore fish them but not in that area

rp dog

« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Don't mean to get this off topic again but talk of turkey feathers makes me want to tell you guys that I make Turkey Wingbone Yelpers from the wingbones of course, lol. A friend who's gone blind now showed me how to make archery fletches from the primary wing feathers, I just haven't really tried it yet. I keep them in the freezer for the day I'll try. Friends bring me the wings and I filet the bones out for the calls and save the primary and secondary feathers in the freezer. My calls have a scrimshawed turkey wing on them. I wish I had photobucket; but I guess it doesn't work with mobile phones now. I had it on my desktop computer but don't have that hooked up to an Internet provider anymore. I just have the iPhone now. I know guys say it's just a story w/o pictures but I'm not BSing anybody. It's kool all the things you can make from the game we take. Gotta figure out the picture thing one of these days. I had a d**n sleep study last night or I'd have gone hunting today. Now walleye opens at midnight tonight, so not much sleep again tonight. I'll hit Otisco; but it usually takes a long time to warm up there. Don't usually see the alewives until close to memorial day. No alewives = no walleyes   :'(
It can be done from I phone just go to full site off Internet. Then just use directions . Believe me I worked with dirt and rocks and big steel my whole life . Pretty much all I know but did hack my way through the picture thing. I do have wing bone yelper just don't know how to use it either.
Good thing I could shoot and catch fish or I would starved to death. RP

perch-hound

« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2015, 02:34 PM »
I had a d**n sleep study last night or I'd have gone hunting today. Now walleye opens at midnight tonight, so not much sleep again tonight.

Those sleep studies suck, thirty wires hooked up all over your body, get all tangled up in the night.
I've done two of them, one with the mask where I quit at 1:00am and went home, rather not get any sleep at all than have to wear that freekin thing!!!  >:(
Good luck Dug1898.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2015, 02:55 PM »
I study sleep every night for about 7 hours. I think I'd rather be fishing.

Not panfish exactly. But they look pretty good in the pan anyway  ;D

Found some bigger trout today. Decided to keep a few for a friend. I think I lost 4 that size and one bigger trying to land them without a net. I gotta get a trout net for the stream.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Dug1898

« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2015, 03:23 PM »
You're right that's where I fish, and those studies do suck. I walked out of the first one too 5 years ago. I just went through electric Cardioversion to put me back in a normal rhythm. It worked! And was a real shocking experience, lol. Dr figures sleep apnea is one of the causes of Afib, so I need to do it. Just a real PITA.
I'll look into photo bucket again, thanks for the tips. Maybe I don't try long enough at Otisco. I'll go tonight with my HJ14 Tennessee shad and try if I'm not dead from lack of sleep. If you see a guy sleeping on the rocks, that'd be me lol usually I'll go at sunset and ck the temp and look for good signs, then split if no action. I know the come in waves or spurts throughout the night, just hard to stay w/o some action.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.