FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286596 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2015, 02:14 PM »
Must be everone is busy filling there buckets ;D ;D i filled a few myself need a little rain now ...

fishin4eyes

« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Panfishing is still dead in the north. The wife and I went out sunday. 1 pickeral to show for it. Water is still real cold. The good fishing is coming. Walleyes weren't up the river this year. Got one little guy.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51 AM »
The pan fish just turned on here also everything at once now.. ;D..when it gets warm here ill head your way ;D

snelly

« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2015, 07:29 AM »
it's starting 20 big gills, and 2 real nice crappies full of eggs, and a half doz. small pickeral yesterday. sick day fishing fever feel much better. should be HOT this weekend

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2015, 03:50 AM »
I was was wet wading the stream last evening and the smallmouth were already bedding. Water temp was 67 degrees. Very warm for this point in the year.  I'm guessing the gills are  bedding as well in the lower section of the stream. I did get a couple of male smallies on the fly that were feeding in the head water of a good pool. I avoid the breeders on the flats. It's a small stream with a captive population.

The suckers were upstream big time as well as some really good carp. Couldn't interest either in a fly. I may go back and see if I can chum them into a feed :w00t:

I'm going downstream this morning to see what the gills are doing.

Waiting for a couple parts for my outboard that should be here Monday. Then it's ROCK BASS TIME :clapping:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2015, 07:49 AM »
Had a great day yesterday.  Didn't limit out but got a good mess of crappies.  They can't resist the #8 Caty football tipped with a 1" chartreuse gulp minnow.

Mac Attack

« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2015, 10:31 AM »

Waiting for a couple parts for my outboard that should be here Monday.

Rg

You appear to work on that thing a lot lately Bob.

'course, you do have the d**n time nowadays.

:thumbup_smilie:

Pequod1

« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Warm weather has turned on a few fish. I just got back from Charlotte and saw a few rock bass caught.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2015, 01:54 PM »

You appear to work on that thing a lot lately Bob.

'course, you do have the d**n time nowadays.

:thumbup_smilie:

I can't help it Mac, I'm kinda fussy :-\

I decided to replace a couple pivot pins for the linkage between the carb and timing advance plate. There was a dead spot just as it transitioned and I narrowed it down to that linkage. $26 for two little nylon pivots that would both fit on a nickel. They're about the only thing on that engine I haven't restored.

And yes.....I do have the time ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2015, 06:53 AM »
I spent a couple hours last week looking for rockies but could only find smallmouths and big perch.......while Mac was working.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Poor old Mac :rotflol: :rotflol:

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #311 on: May 09, 2015, 12:49 PM »
another morning ....another cooler ;D

life is good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #312 on: May 09, 2015, 02:19 PM »
I can't help it Mac, I'm kinda fussy :-\

I decided to replace a couple pivot pins for the linkage between the carb and timing advance plate. There was a dead spot just as it transitioned and I narrowed it down to that linkage. $26 for two little nylon pivots that would both fit on a nickel. They're about the only thing on that engine I haven't restored.

And yes.....I do have the time ;D

Rg

I'm like that too Bob.
A guy out here at the lake calls me a "tinkerer" casue I do more work on my boat when it's out of the water than I do from it when it's in the water.

Nope - I will never be bored.

Oh yea................GFY Mr Size Matters.   ;D

Too bad you failed to locate the rockies.

(I think they're out west somewhere Greg)

8)

Nice perch though!!!

MattyP123

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2015, 04:35 PM »
Got into some crappie today. First day out in the boat this year and first time fly fishing (excluding practicing my cast in the back yard every afternoon this week   ::) ).  Man I'm hooked! 2/3rds of my fish were caught on the fly, some decent bass/pickerel too.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #314 on: May 09, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Ahhhhhh....another convert :clapping:

I was on my local stream this morning testing some flies. The gills liked them. Got my motor parts today and installed them. Going for a test run tomorrow morning. Sitting outside with my Bride enjoying the end of the day. Pleasant breezes, quiet evening, a wee dram of bourbon......

Life is good ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.