FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286954 times)

bigal409

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #375 on: Mar 09, 2016, 10:42 AM »
any crappie places open around the southern tier?  Big Al i'm assuming you don't want to give up location on cayuga?  If you don't mind shoot me a pm, trying to get the little man on them
You must mean Big Guy not Big Al. I don't get on Cayuga much.  ;D ;D

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #376 on: Mar 09, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Well let's see.. ;D this is mff...not ice shanty..if I catch fish on ice I post on shanty.sooooo I was open water...from shore..water was in front of me..not under me...sooooo  ;Dthis is how I did it boys..I put a jig on my line I tyed it on so it wouldn't come off..next I put a bobber on my line ..about 3 foot above my jig.... ;D..I casted out twitch twitch bobber under..set my hook ..reeled in my fish took it off my jig...ohhhh my jig was a 1/64 oz green tail pink head....just kept doing that over and over..I was fishing close to shore with weeds and poles and stumps water was 5 foot.....ohhhh Cayuga lake is where I was 

did you tie your jig on over under  or  under over? ...how far did you cast?......how often did you twitch the line?.....how  deep was the water?  ....temp?.....baramic pressure ?....... what is your neighbors  youngest childs name????.....how do you feel about Hilary and her e mail scandle???  all this is very important
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

jiggly wiggly

« Reply #377 on: Mar 10, 2016, 06:29 PM »
did you tie your jig on over under  or  under over? ...how far did you cast?......how often did you twitch the line?.....how  deep was the water?  ....temp?.....baramic pressure ?....... what is your neighbors  youngest childs name????.....how do you feel about Hilary and her e mail scandle???  all this is very important
were you using a spinning rod, was the reel facing the sky or ground.lol nice haul.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #378 on: Mar 11, 2016, 11:07 AM »
over under they come out better I twitched my line 5 times then paused for a minute..barametric pressure 60 I casted 30 yrds 4 foot a water my neighbors youngest childs name is Roxy pet dog Hillary's email scandal is to funny..used a St Croix rod 7 foot ultra light extra fast..line p- line 4 lb test.my reel was facing down..I found another hotspot limit 2 days in a row but had to drive about 40 minutes but lots a crappie and big gills

big_guy_13021

« Reply #379 on: Mar 11, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Oh boy panfish are gone now bigal found his way over  ;D what's up buddy ??

IFF

« Reply #380 on: Mar 11, 2016, 11:25 AM »
big_guy you jabbering to yourself ? while tying more pan jigs maybe ?
*¿*  Bud

big_guy_13021

« Reply #381 on: Mar 11, 2016, 11:48 AM »
Just answering questions is all  ;D

bigal409

« Reply #382 on: Mar 11, 2016, 01:23 PM »
Oh boy panfish are gone now bigal found his way over  ;D what's up buddy ??
That will be enough out of you mister :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #383 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:38 AM »
I've never really tried mini-crankbaits for gills and crappie before but want to give them a try this spring.  Bought me some Rapala Ultra Light Minnows & Strike King Bitsy Minnows.  Any of you guys had luck with these things?

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #384 on: Mar 12, 2016, 07:12 AM »
Yo John,

How have you been my friend? Check your mailbox

perchgypsy

« Reply #385 on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:59 AM »
My cousin swears by the small Rapala crankbait...one he does well with is painted like a crawfish body with a orange belly....shaped like a crank not crawfish tho

Ima fishin addict

« Reply #386 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:55 PM »

First time out this year, I ended up keeping a small pile. Released about 20 more. Overall had a great day on the water.

perchgypsy

« Reply #387 on: Mar 12, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Good times....wish I was on a bite right now....another week should be something my way...

big_guy_13021

« Reply #388 on: Mar 15, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Did good on gills this morning crappie bite was good also ....but they were all just under 9 I'll post pics of my Gill later

gotagetm

« Reply #389 on: Mar 15, 2016, 05:49 PM »
just a question there was a recipe for pickled crappie posted on mff last year does anyone know what page its on or were to find it ?
thx

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.