FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 287311 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #570 on: May 08, 2016, 05:59 PM »
very nice ....I couldn't get to my gill spot in that wind  :(

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mrp2000

« Reply #571 on: May 08, 2016, 06:09 PM »
Yeah the spot I went to today is not a usual for me and usually packed but I was quiet today. I was going to fish ontario for Lakers and browns today with some friends but we decided  not to even bother last night with the northwest wind forecast. So I took the quick trip to Oneida. Oneida is feast or famine when I try to target panfish there. And more often famine this year for me.

DANMAN

« Reply #572 on: May 09, 2016, 01:28 PM »
was a fun morning I was switching  from spinning to fly rod lol  didn't really matter fish were on  ;D

Interesting with flyrod........how deep was the water?     Usually you want to see the fly if possible..I never used one for gills

Do you fish dryflies or wets? 

Danman   

big_guy_13021

« Reply #573 on: May 09, 2016, 07:29 PM »
Nice bucket of fish trap..I know you said no WATER but it's OK that the bucket was half full of SAND.... ;D  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

big_guy_13021

« Reply #574 on: May 09, 2016, 07:30 PM »
I wonder where my posts went to..someone hit the big red button on me.... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2016, 07:53 PM »
i never  put  fish in a  bucket of water ,nothing spoils fish faster ...I  use a  fish basket in the  boat  then  into a cooler of  ice or  they get cleaned on the  spot ....Pequod was really nice  to  fish with you  for awhile  today and  thanks  for the  fish they met their fate on my grill a little while  ago .... the  fish  never turned  on this  morning  I totaled  with less the  half a seven  :(.....  got  to fish  with catchems  cousin and  his  friend  too  ,always   nice to see  them .....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #576 on: May 10, 2016, 10:44 AM »
Wish I had a secret hole like that........nice, I'd a been switching to fly rod too to catch those beauties. Thanks for sharing trap.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #577 on: May 10, 2016, 10:51 AM »
I wonder where my posts went to..someone hit the big red button on me.... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
You might have forgot to hit "send" I lost one too, a pm to you and another regular one....I just contribute it to a brain fart.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Pequod1

« Reply #578 on: May 11, 2016, 03:31 AM »
Good seeing you again Trap. I have had a string of so,so days out there. I even got skunked in Erie yesterday. The finger lakes are turning on now so that's where I am headed. Good luck guys.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #579 on: Jun 04, 2016, 06:01 PM »
Went in search of gorilla gills on Wed & Thurs.  Flat calm in the morning of the second day so I was able to use the 3 wt. flyrod as well as the UL spinning.  Landed many really nice gills.  Most times they would come up and just suck in the popper like normal.  However, some just smashed it.  What a blast.
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/sandwick50/media/OntarioGills2_zps02mbkqpn.jpg.html
http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/sandwick50/media/3a1582e7-9c2b-4669-8f13-d80af5a1ca6e_zpsh2mzbidm.jpg.html

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #580 on: Jun 04, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Well, photo bucket is not working properly.  Will try and figure it out.  Any ideas?

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #581 on: Jun 04, 2016, 06:06 PM »
Wrong button.

boondox

« Reply #582 on: Jun 04, 2016, 08:51 PM »
nice fatties!!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #583 on: Jun 05, 2016, 06:05 AM »