FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 287158 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #765 on: Jun 23, 2017, 08:04 PM »
yea with kayak....first time sinc flipping my kayak early may...did take it to florida got out once and forgot my sun block and got badly burned so wasn't able to get out again.
icejohn

I had just got into kayak fishing, loving it! Florida would be cool, forgetting the sun block... ouch! Again, nice looking stringer!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #766 on: Jun 23, 2017, 10:15 PM »

I had just got into kayak fishing, loving it! Florida would be cool, forgetting the sun block... ouch! Again, nice looking stringer!

thanks...if you ever get in my neck of the woods (wolcot, ny) bring your yak and we'll hit some water around here.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #767 on: Jun 25, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Looks like fun icejohn! Way to go
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

DANMAN

« Reply #768 on: Jun 25, 2017, 08:57 PM »
finally got out again...and had a good day on gills with the flyrod.

Looks like good fish!   Were they one the beds?   I've been out of Cayuga state park recently but I swear the big females have yet to come in.   Albeit the water temp reads 72 on top.

Is that yellow popper the mainstay?dsan

icejohn

« Reply #769 on: Jun 26, 2017, 08:49 AM »
Looks like good fish!   Were they one the beds?   I've been out of Cayuga state park recently but I swear the big females have yet to come in.   Albeit the water temp reads 72 on top.

Is that yellow popper the mainstay?dsan

danman.....they were on beds and it's a foam "bug" i saw tied on youtube...don't remember the name but i looked yesterday and the closest i found was blugill gurgler except i put four rubber legs on each side....works great, caught a lot of gills on that...will have to tie more....on cayuga this time of year i've caught nice gills along the railroad tracks and for some reason a little later than in the bays off lake ontario. if you're not flyfishing use a colorful jig, white plastic or small minnow type jigs either casting or moving under a bobber....good luck.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #770 on: Jun 26, 2017, 06:25 PM »
Icejohn...is your fly the "gurgle-pop?"  My favorite.

icejohn

« Reply #771 on: Jun 27, 2017, 08:06 AM »
Icejohn...is your fly the "gurgle-pop?"  My favorite.

it's similar...this with added rubber legs and no indicator....i just tied some gurgle pops too...yea they're great bugs.
thanks,
icejohn

icejohn

« Reply #772 on: Jun 27, 2017, 09:59 PM »
had to make a few of my bluegill bugs though...here's a sample.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #773 on: Jul 01, 2017, 02:35 AM »
John, nice "foamys"!
You need to tie some Double Martinis and give them a try.  :whistling: :whistling:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

icejohn

« Reply #774 on: Jul 01, 2017, 07:40 AM »
John, nice "foamys"!
You need to tie some Double Martinis and give them a try.  :whistling: :whistling:

Rg

oh i did last year and will be using them but for now while the gills are on the beds those "foamys" are working pretty good. i know from i think last year when you showed and helped me with the double martinis but also i've had the itch this year again to try some other flies/bugs for gills. thanks again.
icejohn  8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #775 on: Jul 01, 2017, 09:20 AM »
Empty your inbox so I can help you with the furled leader questions.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #776 on: Jul 01, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Also, if you spritz the double martini with floatant, they work well on the surface and sub surface. You know how gills love a sub surface bugs.

Rg

icejohn

« Reply #777 on: Jul 01, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Sorry bob...i cleaned up the inbox.....and will welcome your help
Iceohn

big_guy_13021

« Reply #778 on: Jul 03, 2017, 11:15 PM »
The gills are near the bouyes by frotnac island as your leaving the launch go the rite of the island.near the bouy line fish around you will find them and the nort end of cayuga in the shallows on other side of rr tracks all shallow water out there and a quit a few gills but you gotta fish around..i been carp fishing with the little guy hes got me beat so far 11to 5 if photo bucket stops acting up ill post a few pics..he hasnt landed one on the fly rod yet but has hooked several other than that we been using jigs for carp

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #779 on: Jul 07, 2017, 06:32 AM »
went fishing for gills on july 2,3,5 about 18 to 20 each day all C/R NO PHOTOS
still using a 14hook under bobber,ALSO used  small white plastic
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com