FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286548 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #870 on: Feb 28, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Thats strange rite in the middle of the water column must thermocline rite there..i usually find them a foor ot two off bottom or a foot under the surface..but all bodies of water are different

fishin4eyes

« Reply #871 on: Feb 28, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Never seen it before either. First outing on the ice this year marks kept coming in at 15 foot I reeled up and there they were. Been at the same depth every time. Going to make it tough to find them in the spring

boondox

« Reply #872 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:58 PM »

When they move in to spawn thay when you use the above... but in winter they suspend like said..  there's a great book on fishing crappie you should read called crappie wisdom..  sold buy infishermen.. I got my coppy on a resale site for around $1.5 plus $3.25 s&h media mail .. sight was called half.com wich was part of ebay.. I think they since closed down?? Not sure but amazon might have cheap books too same with other used book sites if you want me to I can find isbn#?? for the book so you can search for it??  if any thing let me know if you want it.. also the book ice fishing secrets say they suspend etc and how to target them..  were to look to find crappie etc in bolth books..  it a game changer those books are!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #873 on: Mar 01, 2018, 04:26 AM »
When they move in to spawn thay when you use the above... but in winter they suspend like said..  there's a great book on fishing crappie you should read called crappie wisdom..  sold buy infishermen.. I got my coppy on a resale site for around $1.5 plus $3.25 s&h media mail .. sight was called half.com wich was part of ebay.. I think they since closed down?? Not sure but amazon might have cheap books too same with other used book sites if you want me to I can find isbn#?? for the book so you can search for it??  if any thing let me know if you want it.. also the book ice fishing secrets say they suspend etc and how to target them..  were to look to find crappie etc in bolth books..  it a game changer those books are!
I find many used and out of print books here:  https://www.abebooks.com
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

filetandrelease

« Reply #874 on: Mar 02, 2018, 05:04 AM »
I’ve caught crappies in the winter 10 feet down over 30 FOW

big_guy_13021

« Reply #875 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:34 AM »
I dont normally measure my depth i just catchem😄😄😄😄

fishin4eyes

« Reply #876 on: Mar 08, 2018, 06:29 PM »
Ill have to take a look at those books. Now that I finally found some crappie spots close to home Im on the hunt. I use to be a die hard walleye guy but these last few years chasing panfish have been a fun frustrating learning curve. Addicted. What type of hair jigs should I try. May even throw in some mimic minnows in the mix this year

big_guy_13021

« Reply #877 on: Mar 08, 2018, 07:22 PM »
I like using calf tail for my hair jigs in a 1/64 th but my favorite for the last 2 yrs is my mop jigs...I'll post a few pics of them later on I gave up on hair jigs after I started using mop jigs..my little guy caught a big steelies on a 1/80 ounce mop jig

fishin4eyes

« Reply #878 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Checked out my spot today. Wish I brought the shanty. Still 18 inches! They were stacked heavy in the basin. Punched 1 hole, tons of lookers. Managed a couple of shorts. Wish I could of changed up lures the cold won

boondox

« Reply #879 on: Mar 23, 2018, 01:38 PM »
My early spot is a producing as seen in picture..  by the way this lake is really over fished..  so I practiced catch and release today as usual on this lake... just throwing this up there cause I know people love pan fishing and it's that time of year and just trying to let you know to check your fishing spots out cause they can produce early in shallow.. trying to help out give a heads up.. if any thing..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #880 on: Mar 23, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Nice crappie boon.ill be looking around either this weekend or next water is very low here

boondox

« Reply #881 on: Mar 25, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Nice crappie boon.ill be looking around either this weekend or next water is very low here

Was out today lots of perch gills and crappie but with this north east wind I could not fish long cause it's so cold ..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #882 on: Mar 26, 2018, 06:48 AM »

...found the crappies yesterday that was the biggest out of my limit and little guys limit others averaged 10 inches this one was almost 14 very cold day though wind was right in the face got some nice gills to and a few perch

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #883 on: Mar 26, 2018, 09:23 AM »
nice fish,and great photo.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

hinkydo

« Reply #884 on: Mar 26, 2018, 11:46 AM »
Way to go big guy, wish I was fishing next to you.
I found some nice perch, Fair Haven in boat.

hinkydo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.