FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286904 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #1335 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:10 AM »
I use dynamite with a long fuse ...... duck tape to a rock and  use long fuses  .....keep lighter dry  .....light fuseand toss into likely looking spots and row boat away quickly!  no need for  a flasher   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

joefish1

« Reply #1336 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:15 AM »
I use dynamite with a long fuse ...... duck tape to a rock and  use long fuses  .....keep lighter dry  .....light fuseand toss into likely looking spots and row boat away quickly!  no need for  a flasher   ;D
  The Dynamite is a little excessive,  M80's work fine

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1337 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:22 AM »
  The Dynamite is a little excessive,  M80's work fine
Ah yes, The good old days when when I was young, you could get the good stuff. We used to drop a couple dead gills in next to the dock in the evening. The next morning the crayfish would be on them. An M-80 tied to a rock, resulted in  good crater in the weeds and fish and crab parts all over.

fishinjohn

« Reply #1338 on: Apr 18, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Ah yes, The good old days when when I was young, you could get the good stuff. We used to drop a couple dead gills in next to the dock in the evening. The next morning the crayfish would be on them. An M-80 tied to a rock, resulted in  good crater in the weeds and fish and crab parts all over.
I used to catch carp in my neighbors pond.. stuff m80 in its mouth.  Light fuse and toss carp in water to swim away.. all that was left was parts.. the raccoons ate well

seamonkey84

« Reply #1339 on: Apr 18, 2019, 05:22 PM »
And people complain about leaving perch on the ice... course there’s no visible evidence during soft water
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fishinjohn

« Reply #1340 on: Apr 18, 2019, 06:26 PM »
And people complain about leaving perch on the ice... course there’s no visible evidence during soft water
My nieghbor had a vendetta against the carp in his pond.. he'd take an afternoon and fish and feed his cats and toss the extra in his garden for fertizer.. that was a weekly event

trapper2000

« Reply #1341 on: Apr 18, 2019, 08:12 PM »
OMG  YOU HURT THEM????

big_guy_13021

« Reply #1342 on: Apr 18, 2019, 11:09 PM »
Getting a little destructive on here shame on you guys for telling bad habits  :nono: :nono:

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1343 on: Apr 19, 2019, 05:57 AM »
Back to panfish.  The SLR bays perch bite going strong.  Did well on Wed.

seamonkey84

« Reply #1344 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:16 AM »
My nieghbor had a vendetta against the carp in his pond.. he'd take an afternoon and fish and feed his cats and toss the extra in his garden for fertizer.. that was a weekly event
Honestly I personally don’t really care, they’re an invasive species in the country  :P.
On the panfish, I can’t wait till I can get after them myself here in Maine.
Practically no one here targets them besides kids, and you should see the looks I get when I’m using a fly rod.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

greensider

« Reply #1345 on: Apr 19, 2019, 01:40 PM »
I highly doubt raccoons get much of the fish people waste each year it is a shame to waste any fish

bbfrogger

« Reply #1346 on: Apr 19, 2019, 02:46 PM »
I highly doubt raccoons get much of the fish people waste each year it is a shame to waste any fish

If the raccoons don't get them then the foxes, 'yotes, mink, sea gulls, eagles, cray fish and turtles do - I've even seen a turkey vulture feeding on 1 that washed up on shore last year.  In lakes where some fish, like pickerel, are over populating, its actually doing the rest of the water system a favor to take them out, regardless of what happens to them.  I can't say I've ever seen a fish go to waste - I've seen things eating decaying fish that would make a maggot barf - not to mention the freshly killed ones.

Frankie Bags

« Reply #1347 on: Apr 19, 2019, 03:11 PM »
Found a few hungry slabs this morning.

trapper2000

« Reply #1348 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:01 PM »
If the raccoons don't get them then the foxes, 'yotes, mink, sea gulls, eagles, cray fish and turtles do - I've even seen a turkey vulture feeding on 1 that washed up on shore last year.  In lakes where some fish, like pickerel, are over populating, its actually doing the rest of the water system a favor to take them out, regardless of what happens to them.  I can't say I've ever seen a fish go to waste - I've seen things eating decaying fish that would make a maggot barf - not to mention the freshly killed ones.

lake neatahwanta in fulton has signs up to kill the white perch

fishinjohn

« Reply #1349 on: Apr 19, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Found a few hungry slabs this morning.

Nice job frankie!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.