FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286653 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #1650 on: Jun 07, 2020, 02:53 PM »
Boat is all ready to go. Gonna drift the canal for perch tomorrow. I want to try those Bluegill spinner rigs. Wind has taken care of the cottonwood pretty well. Weather looks great.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1651 on: Jun 08, 2020, 10:01 AM »
Boat is all ready to go. Gonna drift the canal for perch tomorrow. I want to try those Bluegill spinner rigs. Wind has taken care of the cottonwood pretty well. Weather looks great.

Rg
Good Luck!  May get out tomorrow myself.  Took my granddaughter to Silver last week for a couple hours.  Caught a dozen really nice gills and a bunch of short crappies in a couple hours.  Lots of them on beds, water is gin clear.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1652 on: Jun 08, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Trolled the bluegill harnesses for a while this morning .caught 3 short walleye, several bass of all sizes, bluegills, quite a few perch (4 good ones came home with me) and a channel cat that went an easy 4 lbs.

The little pencil weights worked great.

What a riot!

Only snagged and lost one rig. Tomorrow morning I'm going to set up a baitcaster on a fairly soft rod. Think it will handle  better in the water I'm fishing.

Fun stuff!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #1653 on: Jun 08, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Trolled the bluegill harnesses for a while this morning .caught 3 short walleye, several bass of all sizes, bluegills, quite a few perch (4 good ones came home with me) and a channel cat that went an easy 4 lbs.

The little pencil weights worked great.

What a riot!

Only snagged and lost one rig. Tomorrow morning I'm going to set up a baitcaster on a fairly soft rod. Think it will handle  better in the water I'm fishing.

Fun stuff!
Rg
Mind posting a picture of the harness you were using?

Pequod1

« Reply #1654 on: Jun 08, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Well, I picked the wrong finger to fish today. Only two perch of descent size and way too many pickerel.  Nice day though.  Tomorrow is another beautiful day. Can’t let them go to waste considering the awful spring.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1655 on: Jun 08, 2020, 02:04 PM »
Just read this...I'll post one a bit later.

Just a scaled down walleye harness. # 6 octopus hooks about 2" apart and a size 0 Colorado blade, clevis and some beads.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1656 on: Jun 08, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Bluegill worm harness and weights ...and jigs ( courtesy of Sizematters) thank you!

Rg

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1657 on: Jun 08, 2020, 06:24 PM »
Took the grandkids out today. They had a ball on a mixed bag of gills, pumpkin seeds, crappies and rock bass. Great day to be on the water.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1658 on: Jun 08, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Bluegill worm harness and weights ...and jigs ( courtesy of Sizematters) thank you!

Rg
You're welcome!  Sounds like you had a lot of fun!!!  I'm not a huge fan of trolling but I have a ball with these little rigs on light tackle!!  Just drop 'em down and start moving slow......something will eat it.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1659 on: Jun 08, 2020, 08:12 PM »
Took the grandkids out today. They had a ball on a mixed bag of gills, pumpkin seeds, crappies and rock bass. Great day to be on the water.

Nothing more fun than kids and panfish!!!!

mcully

« Reply #1660 on: Jun 09, 2020, 04:53 AM »

You ever try these? They have a clip that your line slips tight into. Easy to move and fast w no knots. Could use like  a mini clip on weight slow trolling too. I buy them from drop zone bait but sure you can find them other places.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1661 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:07 AM »

You ever try these? They have a clip that your line slips tight into. Easy to move and fast w no knots. Could use like  a mini clip on weight slow trolling too. I buy them from drop zone bait but sure you can find them other places.
I find I lose a bunch with the clip when using light line for panfish.  They're meant to cut the line and break off if they get snagged, doesn't take much with 4 lb. or less.  I pour them both ways but generally use the clips for heavier rigs, deeper water. 

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1662 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:38 AM »
Great photos DS.    :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1663 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:54 AM »

I bought a mold for them. just made a lifetime supply for myself. One of my favorite rigs for perch. Two hooks 12" apart, 12" above the sinker with 1-1/2" grubs on them. The skinny profile slides through the weeds better.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1664 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:55 AM »
Great photos DS.    :thumbup_smilie:

Thanks, dacker. They love to fish. We had a ball.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.