FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286551 times)

DANMAN

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #1665 on: Jun 09, 2020, 01:34 PM »
I bought a mold for them. just made a lifetime supply for myself. One of my favorite rigs for perch. Two hooks 12" apart, 12" above the sinker with 1-1/2" grubs on them. The skinny profile slides through the weeds better.

Dimensions and weight?

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1666 on: Jun 09, 2020, 02:14 PM »

Dimensions and weight?
I have the multi-weight mold.  They call for the line-grip swivel but a regular crane swivel works too.
https://barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Drop-Shot-Finesse-Molds-P306/
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1667 on: Jun 09, 2020, 02:44 PM »

Dimensions and weight?

I use the Do-It mold. The FDS-8-A mold has 8 cavities - 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 oz. I don't do the smaller two sizes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1668 on: Jun 09, 2020, 05:59 PM »
Put the little worm harnesses to work this morning.

Kept(landed ) one walleye...lost a couple more. Kept a couple of the perch too. Bit...I'm getting the hang of it.

I'll be back at it very early tomorrow morning.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #1669 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:19 PM »
Very nice rg ! That canal producing well for you !!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1670 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Way to go Bob...    :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1671 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Can't believe the quality perch I've been getting. I missed several today .....learning curve I guess. Don't set the hook with an octopus hook. Just lift.

Planning on being out well before daylight tomorrow. Gonna get hot quick.

My biggest problem is...I'm running out of worms. We need some good rain.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1672 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Can't believe the quality perch I've been getting. I missed several today .....learning curve I guess. Don't set the hook with an octopus hook. Just lift.

Planning on being out well before daylight tomorrow. Gonna get hot quick.

My biggest problem is...I'm running out of worms. We need some good rain.

Rg
As much fun as one man can stand!  Gotta love it!! :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

oatkasut

« Reply #1673 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:52 PM »
The fish could use a drink of rain too. The Catskill streams Willow and Beaverkill)  and Oatka are getting low. Nice perch Bob!

mcully

« Reply #1674 on: Jun 10, 2020, 06:00 AM »
I find I lose a bunch with the clip when using light line for panfish.  They're meant to cut the line and break off if they get snagged, doesn't take much with 4 lb. or less.  I pour them both ways but generally use the clips for heavier rigs, deeper water.
Wet your line and do a little overhand knot below the weight to grab to a little better. I use them with 4 pound without too many issues that way. They just make adjusting leader lengths so easy in comparison to tied weights.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1675 on: Jun 10, 2020, 10:17 AM »
On the water at 4:45 this morning. Fished till 9:45.  Cloudy all the time so it stayed pretty comfortable. Brought home 6 nice perch and one crappie. Caught several largemouth, a bunch of bluegills and a decent pike.

Sure hope we get some decent rain this afternoon and evening. I need to fill the worm box. Might head over to the creek and pull some crayfish just in case.

Rg

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1676 on: Jun 10, 2020, 08:12 PM »
Got out on a local hole today.  A couple dozen nice gills, a handful of large and smallmouths, and a few crappies. Roadrunners, jigs, and flies under a bobber.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1677 on: Jun 11, 2020, 06:46 AM »
Not much for rain last night. Have an appointment to get the car inspected this morning. Then it's off to the creek with the flyrod.....and a bag for some crayfish.

I hate paying for worms.
Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1678 on: Jun 11, 2020, 02:27 PM »
Took the 3 wt to the creek with a vest full of flies. Only needed one....as usual.

Don't know what they thought it was but everything swimming in the creek ate it except the carp. Bluegills , Rockies and smallmouth.

Such a perfect day to fly fish. Wind at my back, cool temps, warm water.....I suspect I'm doing the same tomorrow.

Ain't life grand?
Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #1679 on: Jun 11, 2020, 03:25 PM »
sure seams to be for you retired guys rg ......nice job!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.