FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trapping Suckers and Keeping them alive  (Read 23776 times)

operaman

Re: Trapping Suckers and Keeping them alive
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2004, 06:04 PM »
yes jw thats the best 300 gph filter wal mart has  ;) thats the most expensive piece but it works sweet.i extended the suck tube so it draws from the bottom of the barrel
Builditrite, that's a great set up, you know you don't need that air atone when you have a filter like that, airstones don't oxigenate the water, the movement on top of the water is what does it, well the bubbles from the airstone move the surface of that water and that's what oxigenates it, I figure it'd be something you didn't have to run, that's filter with the water flowing into it, is all you need for oxigenating that tub....... but I have to admit, that's a great setup!!!!!.....ahhhh inspiration!!!!!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Trapping Suckers and Keeping them alive
« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2004, 06:20 PM »
thanks guys, normally i dont use the bubbler but when i have smelts they gather right around it so i figure they like it.i really got tired of running after bait and having to use that extra time each outing,and try to get bait when there is a big derby around the bait shops sell out,so i buy early,and keep it in my garage.its saves me money and more importantly,it saves me time...gets me on the ice a little early!!
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.