FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: neon night crawlers  (Read 6664 times)

broken rod

• CPR
neon night crawlers
« on: Mar 21, 2004, 11:52 AM »
anyone ever try any of these and if so any luck or should i say better luck and does any one have any do it yourself tricks for changing there color
(no paint please ;D)
tight lines, chuck

Cider

Re: neon night crawlers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2004, 11:54 AM »
I have.  I bought this kit with stuff you mix into the bedding material and the worms eat it and turn bright green.  I never really noticed a difference between them and regular ole crawlers.  I didn't give them a fair chance though because it was work to wait for them to turn green and it was easier to just grab a can of regular worms.

I think if you are patient and give them a good try you will find they work well in murky waters.

broken rod

• CPR
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2004, 11:59 AM »
thats kinda what i was thinking i fish the wisconsin river alot for smallies and the water can get pretty murky after a rain ;D
tight lines, chuck

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2004, 05:42 PM »
I think that in clear water, it would shy the trout away.

But in muddy water, I figure it would probably be excellent, good plan

Cider

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2004, 09:21 PM »

Why?  Trout hit neon color (bubblegum, rainbow, chartruese, fluorescent orange) powerbait just fine in clear water.  I would think that something that smells great and gets your attention from quite a distance is just begging to be eaten.  Just curious why you think this.  Have you run across trout that shy away from brightly colored bait/lures in clear water?

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2004, 07:33 PM »

Why?  Trout hit neon color (bubblegum, rainbow, chartruese, fluorescent orange) powerbait just fine in clear water.  I would think that something that smells great and gets your attention from quite a distance is just begging to be eaten.  Just curious why you think this.  Have you run across trout that shy away from brightly colored bait/lures in clear water?

yes i have. Most of them here in colorado do, and no one sure as hell catches them on powerbait, well, maybe the stockers. But wild, real, trout hate power bait and anything colored too strangely. The exception is in muddy water, when visibility is low, and they see something they hit it.

Reelmaster

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:44 AM »
I have tried them as well. It seems that the only stay green for about 1 or 2 casts And then the color leaks out of them.  I was watching a fishing show and they had these bait markers that you can use. They had orange green, and a bunch of colors but have no idea where to get them. I thought it was pretty cool.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.