FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Prayed for Rutnut  (Read 34795 times)

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

Re: Prayed for Rutnut
« Reply #105 on: Aug 26, 2018, 12:03 PM »
Great to hear to doing good Snake Bite !!!!   But I sure o heck will not comment on those thigh high tube socks that look like Panty Hose !!  No way,  I ain't goin' there...........

Chez.  with the way this crazy Susquehanna River and rain has been, I'm not sure about a yak trip... it certainly would be a quick float downstream, that's for sure !!!

But I would love a river bank Cat Nite out with the boys !!!

LOL!  ;D

That might be a better option Mike. You guys would have to show me the ropes! Never catfished on the river.

Next week would be better for me. I go back to work on Sept 4. Probably will be all I can do to make it thru the day the first couple weeks. Evenings will be spent horizontal! 😉

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #106 on: Sep 07, 2018, 05:29 PM »
Well, made it thru my first week of work. Thank God it was only 4 days. Had to lie down and prop the leg up at lunchtime and in the evenings when I get home. It痴 swelling a little more since I am up on it most of the day now. But it is slowly improving. Doing well in PT and walking without a cane now.

Hope to get the kayak out on the water this weekend.

CHEZ2

« Reply #107 on: Sep 07, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Glad your doing better buddy

Keep up the good eork.

Stonecat

« Reply #108 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:36 PM »
  You re a fortunate man Rutnut.Glad to hear youre doing better.Stories like yours remind us all how life can change in a hurry.
Was wondering If you did anything special after you got bit or If anyone gave you  advice on what you could have done???tourniquet or anything else???

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #109 on: Sep 08, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Glad your doing better buddy

Keep up the good eork.

Thanks Chez- will do!

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #110 on: Sep 08, 2018, 04:43 PM »
  You re a fortunate man Rutnut.Glad to hear youre doing better.Storys like yours remind us all how life can change in a hurry.
Was wondering If you did anything special after you got bit or If anyone gave you  advice on what you could have done???tourniquet or anything else???

Thanks Stonecat- the toxicologist said I did everything right except I put ice on it for a short time waiting for the ambulance.

Thankfully, I had recently read somewhere what to do and what not to do. NOW the advice is don稚 mess with the bite at all- no tourniquet, no cutting and sucking venom, just get to help ASAP! The quicker you get the first dose of anti-venom the better!

KingPerch

« Reply #111 on: Sep 08, 2018, 06:20 PM »
Well, made it thru my first week of work. Thank God it was only 4 days. Had to lie down and prop the leg up at lunchtime and in the evenings when I get home. It痴 swelling a little more since I am up on it most of the day now. But it is slowly improving. Doing well in PT and walking without a cane now.

Hope to get the kayak out on the water this weekend.
Good work RuttNutt!!😎
的致e never met a Perch I didn稚 like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one痴 life span

mr.clean

« Reply #112 on: Sep 08, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Good to hear your recovery continues to go well and your back at work. Keep up the good work .
Steve

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #113 on: Sep 08, 2018, 10:04 PM »
Thanks guys!

Got my Rocky Snake boots in the mail yesterday. Now I can go back in the woods without being a nervous wreck!  :o

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #114 on: Sep 09, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Those are nice.. Hope you spent the extra $30 and got the waterproof ones....    ;) ;)
Glad your feeling better and back to work...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #115 on: Sep 09, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Thanks Raquettedacker!

Yes- I got the waterproof model, but got them on sale, so they were just under $100!  8)  I would have paid full price though, if need be! ;)

Spider1

« Reply #116 on: Sep 10, 2018, 05:13 AM »
there ya go.... just in time for the 5C hunt ;)

前l Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #117 on: Sep 10, 2018, 07:17 PM »
That was the idea Spider! ;)

CHEZ2

« Reply #118 on: Sep 11, 2018, 05:15 AM »
You Guys have hunting on your minds and,Some of the best fishing of the open water season is getting close :(

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #119 on: Sep 11, 2018, 10:10 AM »
You Guys have hunting on your minds and,Some of the best fishing of the open water season is getting close :(

I do not know about these guys but you can fish all year round in my neck of the woods. However, hunting season is far more limited. Plus, it takes 1 good deer to fill a freezer and save hundreds of dollars on protein.

For my family, Venison = beef and upland and migratory birds = chicken.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.