FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 151252 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #1125 on: Oct 06, 2021, 06:18 PM »
Next door neighbor bought a train and biplane this evening. He’s just going to put them up somewhere. Lives alone…well with his parrot JoJo.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1126 on: Oct 12, 2021, 07:19 PM »
Last market day for the year today. Been a good year for as much as we’ve been able to be there.  Next year I’ll have an improved tent with 4 side walls available. 1 more table and a winter’s worth of new product.

I’m working on a Facebook page to make my stuff available. (As much as I dread that) .

Here’s to a winter of toy making in “The Little Wood Shop”

Thanks to all who have contributed.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1127 on: Oct 12, 2021, 07:29 PM »
I’ve got 2x4 fall offs stacked and ready Bob. They’re all 12” pieces. All clean. Came from a new construction job. Still waiting on my trim carpenter friend for his donation. I’ll be in touch once I receive that from him.😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1128 on: Oct 13, 2021, 02:17 AM »
Between you and my neighbor, I’m gonna be a busy elf.

Thanks Bud!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1129 on: Oct 14, 2021, 02:36 PM »
Picked up a small belt/disc sander today from China Freight. Plan on making a flip flop stand with that and the spindle sander mounted to it. 1”x30” belt, 5” disc. Should be pretty good for the toys and small stuff I make. The big belt disc is fine for more difficult stuff, but I keep it in the garage. Hard to really capture the dust from it too. It’s aggressive.

Also made 3 , 12”  plywood discs to mount to the lathe. Ordered some 12” PSA sanding discs. Thought about buying a 12” disc sander and thought…..where the hell am I gonna put it.

The lathe is a way better option anyway. Variable speed is a real advantage and it saved me probably $400.

Pics of the setups will follow.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1130 on: Oct 17, 2021, 07:48 AM »
The other day I asked my neighbor if he happened to have a mortising set for his drill press. He said “ I might have something.”

The next day he showed up at my door with this.

He and his old friend bought it years ago for a project. Said it hasn’t seen a piece of wood in 10 years. Told me to use it as long as I want.

Fence was really limited as was the table so I made a new one. I’m off to harbor freight for a new 1/2” hollow mortising chisel and bit. Also ordered a couple specialty diamond cone sharpeners for the chisels. His were pretty used and need attention.

I plan on using it to build the flip flop stand for the sanders.

Nice neighbor!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1131 on: Oct 25, 2021, 02:38 PM »
Latest addition to the “Little Wood Shop”
Flip top sanding station.

For some reason I struggled getting this together. I don’t usually work from plans and wanted to construct this with the least amount of cash outlay. Everything but the panel and locking wheels came from material I had.

Looking at plans online was useless. They all used cabinet grade materials thinking it was furniture rather than a functional mobile work station like I wanted.

Still want to build a drawer at the bottom for storage of all the parts, pieces and sanding discs/ drums and figure out adapters for dust collection. I’ll get to that.

A fun, functional project and a great addition to the wood shop.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1132 on: Oct 25, 2021, 02:49 PM »
Pretty cool…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #1133 on: Oct 25, 2021, 09:06 PM »
very nice

iceman260

« Reply #1134 on: Oct 26, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Nice job, looks good.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1135 on: Oct 26, 2021, 01:39 PM »
It’ll be handy for the toys I make. Worked out connections for dust collection today. After that I just couldn’t focus so…..I headed for the kitchen.
👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1136 on: Oct 27, 2021, 02:40 PM »
Todays project.

Renewed the counter tops in the kitchen. They were old and stained. We’ve had them covered with shelf liner for a while . I finally got the time and motivation to fix them.

Went to Lowes and saw my friend in the flooring department. He had some vinyl flooring that was returned. Don’t know what a full box is retail, but I paid $5. Went really well and looks great now. Tomorrow I’ll trim the edges and file them clean. Need to make a couple moldings at the stove edges. Think I have the technology.

My Bride is really pleased with the results. Win for me!

Over the winter I’m going to refinish the cabinet fronts, doors and drawer fronts. I have till April to get it done.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1137 on: Oct 27, 2021, 02:49 PM »
Nice job on the counter tops Bob…
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

KingPerch

« Reply #1138 on: Oct 27, 2021, 03:00 PM »
Good work, Bob!! You keep posting pics of good work like that….your son will be missing an employee on the golf course next spring!!! 😁 I’ll email you a job application tonight!! 😁
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1139 on: Oct 27, 2021, 04:54 PM »
The last thing I need is a JOB.

20 years ago I’d have given you a good hand….not that you need it. Like they say, if they don’t find you handsome, at least they find you handy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.