FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michiana Crappie!  (Read 9884 times)

waterfowler

Michiana Crappie!
« on: Mar 14, 2009, 08:46 PM »

Went out tonight with my father for a few hours trying for some crappie. I dont usually fish for cappie so this was a nice change some were small but like i said i dont catch many crappie, 4 of them were 11" perfect eating size. Going back in the a.m. to try again. My father lives 250 miles away and we dont get to fish togeather very often and when hes here or i'm there it sure is fun being with him any of you guys in the same boat i am?

Jake

FISHAHOLIC-19

Re: Michiana Crappie!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Nothing better than fishing with your old man. Make every trip count. I lost my father in 99' he was the best fishing partner I ever had. He used to wake me up before the crack of dawn to go. Now I pay it forward by taking my kids fishing, just not so early. Nice mess of fish also.

crappie rob

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Beautiful looking crappies, how shallow of water were those fish caught? That's nice to fish with the 'ole man!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

mhofferman

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 03:14 PM »
Cheers to that guys! Just got back from AZ in September and we had our funnest and best year icefishing ever this year! Good times and great to be back on the water with him!

waterfowler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2009, 07:53 PM »
4 ft of water and i was maybe a foot down with gold #6 hooks and minnow. water temp was still only 43 went again today caught allot only kept 11 i missed at least 8 that were keepers one that was easily over 13". going back to work tomarrow after being laid off for 2 1/2 months its a good thing but now i cant fish when ever i want haha kind of sucks.

Jake

SmuckBuck

• Here Kitty Kitty!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:11 PM »
Nice mess of fish! Look even better in the deep fryer ;D
I live with Fear and Danger everyday, but sometimes She lets me go Fishing!

jimmycrown

• fish on
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:58 PM »
get the fryer going ;D ;D ;D

waterfowler

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Went out last tuesday got 11, fishing was slow had to work for them. Went out last night got 19 had one about 2 feet from my hands that was at least 15" maybe 16" d**n paper mouths!

princecraft

« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Waterfowler,.......WTG..............I was out last Wednesday and got 0 crappies and 12 gills.  It looks like this lake is about 2 weeks away before the crappies start feeding.

waterfowler

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:14 PM »
thanks princecraft where i was at i bet the water temp was close to 55 but thats just a guess i had no way of telling.

chicagocarpcult

• AKA Chicagill35
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2009, 08:38 PM »
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Now u just need to stick a Morel in there mouth and  fry them.... ;D    Nice Ones      Jim

waterfowler

« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2009, 04:50 AM »
yeah no kidding if i knew any places that would produce. i work on a golf course and the course that i used to work on had all kinds of elm stumps and there was no shortage of them but now i moved onto a new job and havnt seen a elm yet not so promising for me this year.

crappie rob

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2009, 12:42 PM »
WOW,  Outstanding crappies!!! I haven't been in to 'em for over a week now!! Congrats. C-ya. Crappie Rob.

FishDaddy09

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Did you get them on the Indiana side or in Michigan?

waterfowler

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:04 PM »
michigan side. Went out again tonight caught 12 keepers and all kinds of rock bass kept these three only becuase they were pretty big normally i'm not a fan of them. fished for 2 hours caught around 25 crappie kept 12 not a bad afternoon, again lost about 3 or 4 dandies if i could only stop doing that i would have many more but thats why they call it fishing  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.