FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beware of Lurkers  (Read 8462 times)

Jigmup

Beware of Lurkers
« on: Apr 01, 2009, 07:34 PM »
What I can't stand....People who never register to a site but will observe you catching fish and then ruin the spot. I'm not pointing fingers 'cause I don't know who it is but I know that a lot of bank observers have been lurking lately. Got the word tonight that our spot was littered with fisherman. Please people respect the hard work others put into finding fish. If you must fish the same spot at least keep your trap shut! Now, the Jig is up! I've go no problem sharing my spot with those who adress me in PM's or share info with me but for lurkers to ruin a spot is just BS. Again, I don't know who it was and I don't know from what site he, she or they may frequent but I point this out to save others the same combersome fate! Cover your tracks if you can.

There is big money to be made if anyone can come up with a camoflauge suit that mimics water. I'll be the first to buy!
Never tell a fish wher its supposed to be

crappie rob

Re: Beware of Lurkers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2009, 08:42 PM »
One of the "FAULTS" of an outdoorsmens' website >:( More than likely, they suck as fishermen, and you've got nothing to worry about!!! Keep on 'em!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Jigmup,

You are a good guy and probably gave a little too much information out about where you have been pounding them.  I commend you for doing it, but my guess is a lurker or even a member here figured out the puzzle from the hints you provided and told a few others and now you have your spot covered up.  I feel for you as I have had it happen to, but not for walleyes.  I guess the safe thing to do is tell how deep, what lure, etc, but don't even hint at the lake or river you are on.  I hope they don't beat your spot up where it is ruined.

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Yeah Dont  give up to much info (except to me cause I can keep a secret)!!!!!!  ;D
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:23 PM »

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:29 PM »
As said, lure depth and such, just not the location. Dont forget we are all here to catch fish! Pm me and I will gladly resopnd.

coho33

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:46 PM »
Jigmup
I know how you feel i had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. Some people have no respect.
HERE FISHY FISHY !!!!

gill gitter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2009, 02:36 AM »
there are plenty of places to fish in indiana with great fish. as you said jigmup it just takes some work to figure them out. so others need to find there own spot and do a little work to figure them out and stop looking for handouts. i had a great spot for gills and crappie at chain'o and could bring home a 100 fish a day if i wanted untill i took a couple people there, then they took a few people there and next thing i know the spot is fished out. jigmup i appreciated the info you gave me on the eyes but you would never catch me setting up on top of you unless i was invited and others need to have the same respect. point=put in the time and you could be just as successfull.well maybe ;D

derslayer1

• EAT SLEEP FISH
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2009, 04:41 AM »
A fishing spot is not someones secret morel picking spot. If you dont want people fishin "your" (?) spot or pickin morels at your spot, DONT tell. I share information alot, even gps coords, that doesnt mean they will catch fish. If I,m on a really great spot, only those close to my skin will know. The whole idea of these sites is to provide information. Its a catch 22 situation. It bites, and sometimes leaves a mark....
EAT SLEEP FISH

Jigmup

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2009, 07:32 AM »
Derslayer.....I agree with you but my point is that these are people who I have never told of the spot. These are people who are watching from a distance only to plod themselves in when the getting is good. The ones who know or who have been told by me or the other regular are good to go, meaning they respect the code. Its the ones who cant take seeing a few fisherman in the same spot over and over but who have never fished the spot that are comming and telling all.
Never tell a fish wher its supposed to be

Steuben1

« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2009, 07:46 AM »
Derslayer.....I agree with you but my point is that these are people who I have never told of the spot. These are people who are watching from a distance only to plod themselves in when the getting is good. The ones who know or who have been told by me or the other regular are good to go, meaning they respect the code. Its the ones who cant take seeing a few fisherman in the same spot over and over but who have never fished the spot that are comming and telling all.

I hate to see that, but one thing I have noticed.  You have given me a ton of advice of how to catch Walleye right now and I am using that info on some of my lakes and am having limited success.  So, maybe it has to do with my technique and hopefully cause they are in your spot, they are not using the right technique and are not catching them?  I am an optimist.....

Jeff

Rairdog

« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2009, 07:52 AM »
I've had it happen to me several times.  Then I started posted pics of fish and not revealed the spot or blanking out the back ground.  People pounded me.  Saying "these boards are for sharing information".  I just learned my lesson and try to keep peace with everyone.  I will gladly take fellow members to my hot spot if they promise to only go back with me or at least have the dignity to call me and ask about going back.  Especially if kids are involved.  I also reveal spots that can take a pounding for crappie and such because they are prolific spawners and need thinned out at times.  I only take people to spots that practice the same principals of CPR that I do.  Keep the crappie, rock bass and a few channels in the 3 to 5 pound range.  Throw the smallies, flatheads and big channels back.  When you fish the same holes for 5 years or so, you can figure out what can be cultivated for table fare and what needs to reproduce for future fun.  These boards have improved my fishing tremendously by learning new techniques and new lakes/rivers.  I get fired up when I see pics of other peoples fish.  I post pics because, IMO it's returning the favor.  I also try to never respond to a negative post about me.  No need to fuel the fire.  We all have our opinions and sometimes it's comes out in a negative fashion when we didn't mean it too.  JMO don't nobody get all moody on me!

Jigmup your pics got a lot of us fired up and wanting to chase walleyes.  Don't get discouraged and keep up the good work(and pics please  ;D)

finatic

« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:17 AM »
DS. I know how you feel.... got the crap hammered out of me over on IS....but I learned a lot of what not to say.... last week on my local lake I was so geared up to hit a certain spot for crappies and when I got there another boat was about 20 yards away, so i stayed back....when they finally moved off I noticed another boat trolling my way so I waited before headin  over....right has they moved over the spot they caught a nice crap and circled right back... could not believe it...waiting but they just circled back and fourth, I could have moved in when they made a larger circle but I pulled up and headed away down the lake.... after a while I noticed this boat coming down  by me so when they went by I took off... when I come around the corner there was the boat that was there earlier..they too must have seen them catch it...cause there they sat.... so I sat back again and waited them out.... Finally they moved off....  I motored over set up and boom first cast...crappie, it's on... when I look up here comes the lake cleaner outer...this guy kept everthing he but on the ice, and I mean everything, I know it's his right, he paid for a license so, BUTTTTTTT can't show him  anything or ...I slowly moved away pretending to miss fish after fish to draw him off the spot so again for another reason I was not able to fish...I know I only have a small window of opportunity when these fish are staged there before they move off so, I not trying to be greeted, I only take a few nicer ones and that's enough, it has become a yearly tradition since I found them there and a challenge to see when they show up and when they leave this spot.... Water temps seem to be the trigger... Camo suit  for the boat would be great... funny I will take almost anybody with me to share!

operatortom

« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:40 AM »
the same thing with ice fishing.you catch a few nice ones an the guys around you get on there cell phones
and call there buddys.
hour later here comes 6 guys said i heard your killen them

rivyr rat

« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2009, 09:52 AM »
finatic says it all in his opening line......learn what to say and stop! We've all been victims of "lurkers", phone chasers and just tellin a friend. Them days are over for me , some might consider me an a$$ but got tired of no parking spots left and trashed ice last season. Sounds like soft water going to be the same. Tactics or current bait go tos are all I give out now. Any locations given as of late are fictitious "snipe" hunts. Just the way it goes for now........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.