FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beware of Lurkers  (Read 8461 times)

Jigmup

Re: Beware of Lurkers
« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Well its not my spot 'cause I don't own the lake....or so I've been told ;D but I did manage 5 under the cover of darkness last night...A different spot and I used the night as my camo!
Never tell a fish wher its supposed to be

SkeeterJeff

« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Jigumup, I understand and sympathize with your situation.  I see you post on several boards and it is obvious that you are an accomplished fisherman.  As such, you should expect people to follow you.  You are not alone.  I know of another on a few other boards that has/had the same problem.  I don't see how you can prevent someone from breaking out the binoculars and hunting you down.  But you can post some misinformation on the boards, then let your friends know the truth.  Also, I suspect the ones that are using binoculars know who you are, so the misinformation may have them looking for you at the wrong places.

Other than that, I don't know what a successful person can do to minimize your problem.  It is a problem that I have never had because I struggle putting fish in the boat.  Maybe you should start going out with me, then no one will pay any attention to you and won't recognize your boat?  :)

Seriously, it is a double edged sword.  There is no good solution. 

Tight lines,
Jeff

waterfowler

« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2009, 04:59 PM »
I was fishing my honey hole today and about 5 boats came right up to where i was fishing now it is in a channel and i was on the bank but non the less they came right up within 15 feet of me i was so upset they would fish for about 5 min then fire up the out board and burn out of there scaring all the fish out i wanted to shoot them.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2009, 08:08 PM »
I was fishing my honey hole today and about 5 boats came right up to where i was fishing now it is in a channel and i was on the bank but non the less they came right up within 15 feet of me i was so upset they would fish for about 5 min then fire up the out board and burn out of there scaring all the fish out i wanted to shoot them.

I know what you mean, but if you are bank fishing you can not prevent a boat from navigating the channel.  Most would not fish right where you were fishing or use the trolling motor to pass as to minimize the stirring of the water, but not everyone is as nice.  From the looks of your catch today they did not scare the fish for long!!!!! :o :o

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2009, 08:23 PM »

37 lurkers

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rizzo

« Reply #35 on: Apr 04, 2009, 09:59 PM »
I prefer the name..Cyber trollers.... A person that has no intention to give any information and is just there to get detail or clues were to fish next...This place is full of them, Some times i am guilty of it..I like it when you put your picture as you avatar so everybody know what you look like. Bragging will get you burned everytime and it makes it easy for others to find you when you are out fishing in... YOUR PUBLIC LAKE HOT SPOT....Lose lips sink ships .I would never post were i am on a hot bite.  Only my closest fishing Buddy's that go with me get in on the action but that's is far as it goes,I have been fishing Bass,Max and the big lake with a lot of in betweens for about 20 years so i know the patterns. But i put time and money in equipment and fishing in general with a lot of days by myself to find action..You post it on the web get ready for people to be there next time you go.And trust me they don't give a S&^t about the trash they leave there eather...SO GET USED TO IT
Have a nice day

RiZzO

fishygene

« Reply #36 on: Apr 05, 2009, 11:53 AM »
aman rizzo. a neve  never tell the baitshop the truth  gene

waterfowler

« Reply #37 on: Apr 05, 2009, 07:49 PM »
the bait shop is the worst place to say any thing about where u were or how you did. when ever they ask me how i did i always say crappy and tell them a diff place of where i really fished. And when i am fishing it is usually from the bank and somebody comes up to me and says how are you doing i always say not worth a nuts and cover up my bucket so they dont see whats in it. All it takes is somebody to see the fish in  your bucket/livewell and go tell everybody and there brothers and next thing you know your spot is over run with dumb shits. ****censored word**** everybody that just thinks they can walk onto your spot and take over go find your own place. sorry guys if i got a little crazy this crown royal is making me feal good right now  ;D ;D ;D :D :D. any way to everybody that has found a place to fish on there own with out sonebody telling them about it more power to ya. anybody can get a phone call about a place and go and catch fish but not everybody can go find there own spot without somebody telling them where to go.

waterfowler

« Reply #38 on: Apr 05, 2009, 07:50 PM »
haha I think its funny how they put in other words on here to cover up the swear words.

plymouthjim

« Reply #39 on: Apr 05, 2009, 07:56 PM »
I think that's for the younger ones that are on the site  :o  ;D
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at  Work

waterfowler

« Reply #40 on: Apr 06, 2009, 04:44 AM »
what is for the younger ones jim?

plymouthjim

« Reply #41 on: Apr 06, 2009, 05:57 AM »
The censored words. But most of the young ones could teach me new ones
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at  Work

fish_tko

« Reply #42 on: Apr 06, 2009, 06:17 AM »
The hard part about this sort of problem is that anyone fishing the same spot 8 or 9 times in a two week period is going to get noticed by any observant angler and eventually you will have company. I know when i am on a lake fishing and see the same boat hanging in the same area every time i go out there, i am eventually going to drive over that area with the electronics and see whats there. But that's why i night fish all summer

crappie rob

« Reply #43 on: Apr 06, 2009, 02:55 PM »
The hard part about this sort of problem is that anyone fishing the same spot 8 or 9 times in a two week period is going to get noticed by any observant angler and eventually you will have company. I know when i am on a lake fishing and see the same boat hanging in the same area every time i go out there, i am eventually going to drive over that area with the electronics and see whats there. But that's why i night fish all summer
Night fishing is a great option!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Boomer

« Reply #44 on: Apr 06, 2009, 03:57 PM »
When you see the number of people that are not logged in that are viewing be careful calling all of them "lurkers." It is not unusual for me to not be logged in at some of the computers at work but when I get home that is another story. Sometimes I just want to check things out.

As for the "bad" language - my eleven year old likes to go on here and check things out too. So, does the language bother me - yes. Last weekend some fishermen near us couldn't say a sentece without swearing. Makes you wonder why sometimes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.