FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beware of Lurkers  (Read 8457 times)

Jigmup

Re: Beware of Lurkers
« Reply #45 on: Apr 06, 2009, 05:45 PM »
The question is not wheter or not you are a lurker Boomer....its obvious you are not. We are talking about those that are not registered or are registered and do not post with the sole intention of just gathering info that will enable them to get to a spot that is productive. Granted some of us do not post location but then again our location of orgin is known by the said lurkers therefore general reasoning would give up the spot in question. I do however believe in sharing timing, tactics, lures and colors as well as the spot as long as the general area can support the masses.
Never tell a fish wher its supposed to be

Boomer

« Reply #46 on: Apr 06, 2009, 10:03 PM »
Jigmup, I see. You are very good to post very nice reports on bait/techniques.  I met you at Summit this winter. I think I had my boy with me. Do you still fish Summit in the warmer months? And why can't I find those nice crappie during the winter?

iceman10

« Reply #47 on: Apr 07, 2009, 11:11 AM »
U will never stop this from happening!!!(I call these guys HAWKERS)They look in your boat,buckets & any where else they can see what you are using & doing .

I did stop this from happening at one spot for sure (I BOUGHT IT & YOU NEED A KEY FOR THE GATE  ;D)

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #48 on: Apr 07, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Sounds like a place we just got kicked out of for the first time in 10 yrs. Id rather have people fish "my" spot than out robbing old ladys.

stag

« Reply #49 on: Apr 08, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Okay, heres the deal, I think there are two separate situations we are talking about. One, is when we are there fishing and someone crowds us while we are fishing...the other is someone hits "your" spot while you are not there. If someone is fishing the spot you wanted to fish when you get to the lake or river....too bad...  its public water and who is to say that it wasn't their spot first and you were the one that came and fished it after they did...spots on lakes and rivers produce sometimes for decades during certain times of the year....(traditional spawning sites...etc. ) so I doubt that you are the first one to " discover " a secret spot on an Indiana lake or river. And if someone posts on here that they have NEVER fished a spot after they saw someone or heard of someone catch fish from a certain spot I would have to call you a liar. Now as for people horning in on a spot while you are there fishing it...that is unacceptable....a true sportsman has to have some common courtesy. But in my opinion if someone isnt watching what is going on around them, such as how someone is catching or where they are catching then they aren't using all their available tools to help figure it out for next time.

catfish

« Reply #50 on: Apr 09, 2009, 10:21 AM »
You hit the nail on the head Stag! Hard to beleive it took 48 posts to get it done.

waterfowler

« Reply #51 on: Apr 09, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Okay, heres the deal, I think there are two separate situations we are talking about. One, is when we are there fishing and someone crowds us while we are fishing...the other is someone hits "your" spot while you are not there. If someone is fishing the spot you wanted to fish when you get to the lake or river....too bad...  its public water and who is to say that it wasn't their spot first and you were the one that came and fished it after they did...spots on lakes and rivers produce sometimes for decades during certain times of the year....(traditional spawning sites...etc. ) so I doubt that you are the first one to " discover " a secret spot on an Indiana lake or river. And if someone posts on here that they have NEVER fished a spot after they saw someone or heard of someone catch fish from a certain spot I would have to call you a liar. Now as for people horning in on a spot while you are there fishing it...that is unacceptable....a true sportsman has to have some common courtesy. But in my opinion if someone isnt watching what is going on around them, such as how someone is catching or where they are catching then they aren't using all their available tools to help figure it out for next time.

Ok stag i dont disagree with anything you said, but when you are fishing and somebody comes up and keeps asking you what you are using how deep how fast or slow i mean come on guys watch me and then find out dont come up and ask me what i am doing i think thats crappy. I dont mind asking for adivce but it has to be at the right time and situation. most of the time i like to find out for my self it works better but there are always those guys out there that dont know there ass from a hole in the ground that will do what ever it takes to catch fish and if that means crossing the line then they will do it. we just have to put up with it and hope that it doesnt happen often. My choice is to fish when its crappy out side that way not everybody and there brother is out there. and i fish by my self 98% of the time so that way i know what i am doing is staying where it should be. Cant trust anybody these days. I have been posting allot of pics of all the crappie that i have been catching and i am really thinking about not posting anymore just beacause all it takes is a little homework and they can figure out where i am fishing and there goes my spot, and its not like its a secret. guys have been catching crappie up there this time of the year for many of years so i have heard. Any way to sum it all up just put up with guys it will never stop there will always be idiots out there that love to ****censored word**** things up.

JAKE

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #52 on: Apr 09, 2009, 06:55 PM »

40 lurkers 53 users...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #53 on: Apr 09, 2009, 06:56 PM »
I was out on Devils Lake here in MI 2 yrs ago for the first time just puttering around trying to figure out were to fish and as I passed two guys in a boat they told us to anchor up right by them as they where on a school of nice size perch. I couldn't believe my ears.  They wanted us to fish there good spot. Well feeling like I was still intruding, even though they told me to, I anchored about 60' away. We chatted and they caught nice fish while we only caught a couple. I couldn't see just coming up by them and fishing that close. There are nice people out there that share. PM's are a great thing. And friends here are too. Just never abuse either.

niagarajiggin

• Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #54 on: Apr 09, 2009, 07:08 PM »
oh boy - I just came across this thread....same thread that was up on IS. Lots of people need lots of hugs. If I see you guys out on the water....yer all gettin' a big giant hug !!  ;D so if some idiot comes up and gives you a hug for no reason...just take it and say "man, I wish I got more of those growing up"

on a side note...I've found some interesting topics to discuss on here and knowing what's hitting where and what they are using are not any of them. I know where they are and what to use so I come on here for other topics. Like one I just posted about how does everyone fix there transducer to their kayak....that sorta thing. I like the camaraderie on here...fun stuff when I'm not on the water, and I get to learn a thing or two about topics I may not otherwise discuss around my household or with the wife.

so zip it and take your hug like a man  !!

ps...spell check wants to change my name to Nicaraguan....now that's funny... ;D
Keep Your Rods Bent !!!           
NYFOA Member
Master Forest Owner

Shadrap

• Addicted to Fishin
« Reply #55 on: Apr 09, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Might take me about a five year rotation to get around to all my spring hot spots.  Oh I mean your hot spot.  This has been a good one.  I can't help but keep lurking in on this one.

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
« Reply #56 on: Apr 11, 2009, 07:54 AM »
You know what really really makes me mad? When  ??? 8) ;)brings the ;) ??? :D and takes the 8) :'( ;D that really burns me. Also when ice fishing what is really funny is when your catching fish and some sob drills a hole five feet from you, you keep catching fish and they dont, so they move behind or in front drill another hole and still cant catch anything then they ask whatcha useing, all i say is a colored lure with bait. :rotflol: :w00t:. Was out on a lake a few of weeks ago with a bud and watched this guy in a boat inch closer and closer to this amish family that where in there boat catching gills, and I kid you not this guy ended up being within thirty some feet from them anchored and started throwing his line toward where they where fishing, I could not believe it, oh yes when we got there he was at least a hundred yards from them, noticed he was watching our boat and the amish boat and they where catching fish and we wherent, and poof he started moving toward the boat catching fish. But as he fished he kept watching us. But alas we wherent catching anything so he left us alone.  :clapping: :sleep1: :w00t:

brokenline

« Reply #57 on: Apr 11, 2009, 08:07 AM »
i agree most "lurkers" are worm and bobber fisher ppl, not fisher men. most likely wont catch didley..
still waiting on free willy

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #58 on: Apr 11, 2009, 08:50 AM »
I had a guy in a boat earler this year ask me what the "secret" was, my reply keep your bait in the water!
I got a confused look for that one!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.