FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan Perch  (Read 18943 times)

PEARCHEYES

Re: Lake Michigan Perch
« Reply #30 on: Jul 02, 2009, 07:54 PM »

Any hog perch like that come out in front of Mt.Baldy.I have a 16 ft. deep v boat and would like to give perchin a try in this area,since this is the closest harbor where I'm willing to spend $$ to get too.Also will my  boat be able to handle the big pond on a relatively calm day.I was reffering to michigan city.Any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Shadrap

• Addicted to Fishin
« Reply #31 on: Jul 03, 2009, 09:15 PM »
MC Marina is on 35 right across the creek from the Blue Chip. 

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #32 on: Jul 07, 2009, 12:05 AM »
any body hear of anything or doin any good? all i have heard is the perch started goin at the shoals...
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2009, 03:05 PM »
That is what I heard as well. We both must be talking to McLurch. @24-32 fow. A few at Cal Park but no numbers. I am goint to try Cal Park on Thursday the way it now looks.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2009, 07:21 PM »
i caught a good number of em the other day at cal park now that things have been quiet over there and the boats have taken off from there. 12-28 fow. spinners, get the hew one that came out and paint the back of the blade chart. u'll get em!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #35 on: Jul 10, 2009, 06:36 PM »
PERCH WERE VERY COOPERATIVE TODAY. SAW MANY LIMITS OF HUGH FISH. 12-20 FOW. BRING AS MANY SOFTSHELLS AS YOU CAN AFFORD. ROOTBEER SPINNERS WERE HOT. CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY OR TUESDAY WHEN I CAN GO AGAIN. MARVELS BAIT IN LOWELL HAS LIVE OR FROZEN SOFTSHELLS FOR 7.00 A DOZEN. THE CHEAPEST AROUND. MCLURCH SELLS THEM FOR 9.99. NEXT TIME OUT I AM GOING TO BUY 10 DOZEN. USED 3 DOZEN TODAY. ONLY CAUGHT A FEW SMALLER PERCH ON MINNOWS. IF YOU WANT THE JUMBOS,CRABS ARE A MUST HAVE ---IMO.GOOD LUCK 2 ALL. -

abishop

« Reply #36 on: Jul 10, 2009, 06:40 PM »
i caught a good number of em the other day at cal park now that things have been quiet over there and the boats have taken off from there. 12-28 fow. spinners, get the hew one that came out and paint the back of the blade chart. u'll get em!
JUST CURIOUS WHAT IS THE HEW ONE. OR JUST A TYPO? I THINK I HAVE MOST OF THE COLORS BUT I NEED MORE INFO ON THIS NEW COLOR. I CAN ALWAYS FIND ROOM IN MY TACKLE BOX FOR A NEW HOT COLOR.

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #37 on: Jul 10, 2009, 07:45 PM »
JUST CURIOUS WHAT IS THE HEW ONE. OR JUST A TYPO? I THINK I HAVE MOST OF THE COLORS BUT I NEED MORE INFO ON THIS NEW COLOR. I CAN ALWAYS FIND ROOM IN MY TACKLE BOX FOR A NEW HOT COLOR.
hew is few.

rjflynn

« Reply #38 on: Jul 11, 2009, 09:58 AM »
went out on erie wensday and got my limit with only 2 jumbos. i would like to get out on lake michigan. what is good area and what kinda rigs are you guys using up there?

abishop

« Reply #39 on: Jul 11, 2009, 02:20 PM »
hew is few.
That doesnt make since the way that was worded imo. Thanks 4 your idea anyway. Just have to wait until the assasin duck hunter responds.

abishop

« Reply #40 on: Jul 11, 2009, 02:32 PM »
went out on erie wensday and got my limit with only 2 jumbos. i would like to get out on lake michigan. what is good area and what kinda rigs are you guys using up there?
Most of the jumbos are being caught with a special rig that Mclurch has made especially for them. I havent seen any others like them anywhere else. They have a few beads and blade with different colors with a hook below. You tie a 1/4 ounce barrel weight with a swivel (also special at Mclurch bait in Hammond). Leave about 18 inch of line to spinner and tip with soft shell crabs. The fish are in the weeds now. You have to do a bit of run and gun, but, you should come up with your limit once you get the technique down to keep your spinner just above the weeds. Hammond marina, Cal park and the reefs by Inland wall along with Pastric marina are producing. They all have a lot of weeds. The depths are ranging from 12 -20 fow. They are also hitting on crappie rigs tipped with minnow, but the fish arent as big. GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS HELPS.

walleyeboater

« Reply #41 on: Jul 11, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Abishop, what size of those Mik-lurch spinners do you use, and how do you rig your craws? I live in Indy, and want to try that set up on a lake closer to me. Wish I had gas money to hit the big lake, but not right now.Thanks, Steve

rjflynn

« Reply #42 on: Jul 11, 2009, 06:17 PM »
thanks bishop. i think i am gonna try and get up that way soon. gonna have to make a stop in hammond ;D

abishop

« Reply #43 on: Jul 11, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Abishop, what size of those Mik-lurch spinners do you use, and how do you rig your craws? I live in Indy, and want to try that set up on a lake closer to me. Wish I had gas money to hit the big lake, but not right now.Thanks, Steve
First of all good luck finding them around where u live. If you call Mclurch they would probably send some out to you. They are a great bunch of guys. They are a bit salty 4 dollars for a pack of 2---but, well worth it. I.M.O. Their phone # is 219-989-0575.Not really sure of the size. They have blades that are elm leaf shape about 1/2 inch by 1 inch.Silver and gold and all colors inbetween. I think they come with a size #2 long shank aberdeen hook. I change mine to a #6 tru-turn. They say u can get 4 pieces of bait off the soft shells. I usually get 2 or 3 depending on the size of the pinchers. The tail is the best bait. Leave a couple of legs when you bait it. Go from the body side and hide the hook. That is all there is to it. The body usually comes off after a few casts. Use only when u have no bait left. Hope this helps.

Shadrap

• Addicted to Fishin
« Reply #44 on: Jul 11, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Bait sounds kind of salty.  Ever try catchin your own?  Get you a seinin net.  Trail Creek for example is loaded with crawdads.  Set up your seinin net acxross the creek below one of the shallow rocking rapid current areas.  Walk upstream and start kickin over the rocks.  The crawdads will drift down into the net.  Waders or tall bookts help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.