FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 13105 times)

wallin

Re: PERCH
« Reply #30 on: Jul 07, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Great job Al, almost everyone I heard from got limits, there were a few I heard didn't.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #31 on: Jul 07, 2012, 10:08 AM »
You had to look for feeding pods of fish. Got into a bunch that had lockjaw. It wasn't all as easy as it is for the duckassin. He is always on BIG FISH. Oh well, thats fishing. LOL.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #32 on: Jul 07, 2012, 03:10 PM »
i wouldnt say always al.. i sent a pic that has some smaller fish in it. kast trip out was an evening trip and had 9-12 inch fish. havent been oit since had a bad run in the heat at work had me all jaggered up last couple days. looking to head out in morning. have yet to hear from my buddy. but..you know how i fish those perch and just like any other species, it produces bigger fish..
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Good luck Mike, hopefully the north winds move then in closer to shore. Let us know how you do. Think I am heading out to Cal Park later in the week. Can't believe there isn't any perch being caught there.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2012, 05:08 PM »
i think its cause everyone is just following the pack. the bait shops keep sending everyone east. the fish are there. just gotta try it out. im afraid the north winds r goin to mess things up actually. its good for the steelies it should shoot em up the creeks. one way to find out. ill be sure to report back. i dont have long n im puttin gear away for the goose season!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

RYoos697

« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Wouldnt waste the time at cal.. Was out there earlier in week and yesterday morning with no perch in the cooler..

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #36 on: Jul 08, 2012, 02:17 AM »
wat method were you using at cal park?

RYoos697

« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Both baby roaches under slip right above weeds  and spinners in various colors and softies... 

iceon

« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2012, 03:54 PM »
I've been wanting to take my boat up there. Not sure that's its big enough and not sure where to go. My boat is 16ft. Deep V with kinda high sides. Iceon

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:39 PM »
a 16' deep v will do just fine. WATCH YOUR WINDS! usually perchin ur fishing a south wind maybe even some light west winds. north winds at the right speed u can still go but why bounce around. most of your perching action u are within a mile of shore sometimes even closer. id wait till there are a bit more consistant reports after this north blow. along with havin a 16 footer... check the regulations and make sure you have everything required so when ur checked you have no issues when you take ur first trip. a week ago i was in a 14' mod-v with 15 horse merc. its all about ur winds. always take caution on big waters. i keep in my mind even though its flat as glass....SOMETHING CAN STILL HAPPEN! Good luck and let us know how you do. fell free to pm if you have any more specific questions or any concern for that matter.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2012, 06:42 PM »
anotther spot that many have forgotten about.... the shoals!! i have to work all week so im gonna venture ober there next weekend (weather permitting). been a few years since i fished over there cause cal park n navy pier have done so well. but with a year like we r having... couldnt hurt to venture that way. thought i would post incase anybody looks to do a perch search over the week. if so please post otherwise ill see what happens shall i go next weekend.

iceon

« Reply #41 on: Jul 09, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Thanks for the info. Probably my best bet is one day meet up with someone or a group and go up there not being familiar with the area at all. but definately going to go up there. Iceon

Bodeen

« Reply #42 on: Jul 09, 2012, 07:35 PM »
I was out on it with a 17 foot bass boat, so if the weather is cooperating, it can be done.  Not sure how soon it will be before the perch are cooperating.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #43 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:07 PM »

well how bad did the northerly flow mess up the perch bite,Im assuming it slowed the hot bite to a crawl,please tell me different and I might venture up before friday

abishop

« Reply #44 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:37 PM »
I would wait a couple days after the northerly or easterly winds are gone. IMO. Maybe Sat. or Sunday the earliest. Just my 2 cents. Perch will still be there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.