FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy report  (Read 10957 times)

crappiecrusher34

Re: Missy report
« Reply #60 on: Mar 12, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Big old mess of black slabs on are way back now in rain.  I'll get more info up and pics tonite.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #61 on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:16 PM »
Red Bridge area in bad shape really muddy water. We pick are fish up near dam area. All fish caught one too two feet down. Lots of fish in first two ft on water column. Water was 50 to 53 depending on where your fishing. Most of all are fish were blacks only couple whites. Whites wouldnt bite in the dirty water but the big  blacks were fired up. Electric chicken was jig of day follow up by green/orange and black/pink had its moments.Key was keeping bait up and moving around on large schools of fish.  One here one there. Never caught a bunch in one spot. But very nice size Black's for Missy many over a pound and some just under.And up with around fifty for us.Good luck everyone hope this helps. Check pics out on crappiecrushers on FB. Gives us a like if u like big slabs

bherr24

« Reply #62 on: Mar 12, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Nice job crappiecrusher.  I tried for a short time this afternoon off the bank near the slocum boat launch.  Caught one nice black that was it. 

bubbagill

« Reply #63 on: Mar 16, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Has anybody been out lately?  I would like to get down that way Sunday.  I assume it's a stained up mess, is this about right?  Thanks guys I appreciate and enjoy your reports on this thread.

retired-uaw

« Reply #64 on: Mar 17, 2016, 03:25 PM »
Went to Red Bridge today. BIG Mistake. Water was white capping. Water was muddy enough to walk on and didn't get one bite. Only saw two other fisherman. Looked like they were catfishing. Only stayed 1 hour. Up about 10 feet from last time I was there. Some lowlife S.O.B must have dropped off a poor little dog. He followed me the whole time I was there. Looked like a Yorky breed. Felt sorry for him. Why do people do this ? Should have tried to give it away or taken to Animal Shelter. Probably get eaten by coyotes.
"WORK" is for people who don`t know how to "FISH"

bherr24

« Reply #65 on: Mar 17, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Yeah i saw it came up 10 foot since saturday so figured it was in nasty shape. Should start dropping here pretty quick though especially if we don't get any more rain. Hoping by early next week it is fishable again.

bherr24

« Reply #66 on: Mar 21, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Took my 10 year old son over to Missy sunday. Fished the dead end road. Water was still dirty so didn't have high hopes.  We did catch some though just no size. Probably caught 20 or so, he used minnows and i used jigs.  A couple buddies wanna go tomorrow afternoon, looks like it will probably have to be red bridge with a south/southwest wind gusting to 30.  Anyone fish it lately? 

retired-uaw

« Reply #67 on: Mar 31, 2016, 09:31 AM »
Went to missy on Tues. Meet a guy that was using shad that he netted with a throw net. He had another guy with him. They had 11 NICE catfish between them. Just before they left he came down and shared his bait with me and also told me how they were hooking them. After they left I went to their spot and caught a small channel about 14 inches. Then latter I caught another one about 3 to 4 pounds that almost pulled my rod in the water. just before 4:00 I hooked another one about 5 pounds. Tied my stringer to a rock that I had used all day. Decided to call it a day. Hooked both poles up and grabbed my net and bucket to leave. Looked behind me only to see that my stringer had come untied and all my fish were GONE. :cursing: Loaded up and went home empty handed. Went back yesterday and ran into the same guy again. Never had one bite in 4 hours. But I did see my new friend catch a 20 pound Blue catfish. Being a GREAT sportsman he released it back into the water. He had about 4 other cats he caught before I arrived. He also didn't catch any more after I got there.

bherr24

« Reply #68 on: Mar 31, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Nice job.  I used to fish for catfish all the time, don't do it much now though. Every now and then i'll set out a rod for em when i'm crappie fishing.  How muddy is the water? I'm guessing it will be a week or more before i fish it again after this rain.  I went over there on good friday and it was just starting to clear up, had 10 keeper crappie and probably 25 that i released. Caught them off a cliff, fish were real tight to it.  Went up by the dam on way home about a half hour before dark and action was great there which surprised me becuase the water was much dirtier up that way. Headed back saturday morning and water was already muddying up from the rain Thursday. No action at all by the dam and only 6 or 7 little ones by the cliffs.  Everytime the lake starts to get in decent shape we get rain, i'm getting tired of it.

retired-uaw

« Reply #69 on: Mar 31, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Tues there was trash floating everywhere. Water was really muddy. Wed no trash but muddy enough to walk on.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #70 on: Mar 31, 2016, 10:04 PM »
Hey Big R, haven't heard from u in a while.U back in the area? Was wondering how bad she looks? Might head to another spot this weekend it its a disaster.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.