FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass lake  (Read 14785 times)

abishop

Bass lake
« on: Mar 28, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Going in the morning. Anyone else planning on looking for Mr. Walleye???

icecleate

Re: Bass lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2016, 01:06 PM »
Good luck Al. I have been there 3 times and have not caught an eye and have only managed 4 crappie.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:01 PM »
I am worse off than you. I have probably been there a dozen times the past 2 years and still have not caught any. One of my buddies has caught only 1 last year and 1 this year. Tomorrow, I hope...

High Flags

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2016, 05:16 PM »
I believe all the severe weed killing has really affected the walleye population in that lake as well as other fish..     used to pound em every time out, crappie and cats.  Where are they?   skiers WIN!!! I guess

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2016, 08:18 PM »
I don't know. Maybe they have all been caught. I can remember that it seems like every year they will spray certain areas of weeds in there. I don't think they have missed a year in the past 10. Just my 2 cents. All I know is that I haven't been able to find them. However, there is one person who always seems able to get 4 or so every time out. I must be there always on the wrong day or maybe not holding the pole the right way. Wrong depth, bait, temperature, wind, barometer, Just can't get a break. I am going to break the no walleye saga tomorrow. I hope, (I even went to church). LOL

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Going in the morning. Anyone else planning on looking for Mr. Walleye???

I am Boomer's son Sean.  I am planning on going tomorrow. Hope to take the kayak - our boat has not been in the water yet. What time are you planning on being there? I will be in the only kayak on the water I am sure but it is orange in color. Come over and say "hi."

icecleate

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2016, 08:43 PM »
I think it is still a little early. I looked at my journals for the last couple of years Iand I did not start catching them until the SWT was 55. It was only 50 when I was there Saturday. Hopefully some of this warm weather we are getting the next couple of days will help.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2016, 05:56 AM »
I think it is still a little early. I looked at my journals for the last couple of years Iand I did not start catching them until the SWT was 55. It was only 50 when I was there Saturday. Hopefully some of this warm weather we are getting the next couple of days will help.
I can remember 48 to 54, in years past.

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2016, 05:57 AM »
I am Boomer's son Sean.  I am planning on going tomorrow. Hope to take the kayak - our boat has not been in the water yet. What time are you planning on being there? I will be in the only kayak on the water I am sure but it is orange in color. Come over and say "hi."
Should be there around 8. I am going to concentrate mostly in the shallow basin this outing.

wallin

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Drove by there sunday morning about 9am on my way to Maxi to try out the new boat.
Not 1 boat at Bass lake and only 3 boats at Maxi.
Good luck, water needs to warm a little more yet.
Maxi was 46 deg, Bass maybe just  a tad warmer, so soon.

Wallin

Boomer

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2016, 09:14 AM »
I have seen people wading the pocket quite often for about the last three weeks or more?  Seems if they can wade, they do. No idea about the catching. Fishermen are a weird lot - they keep on fishing even if they don't catch anything.

icecleate

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2016, 01:24 PM »
Drove by there sunday morning about 9am on my way to Maxi to try out the new boat.
Not 1 boat at Bass lake and only 3 boats at Maxi.
Good luck, water needs to warm a little more yet.
Maxi was 46 deg, Bass maybe just  a tad warmer, so soon.

How is the new boat?

wallin

« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2016, 02:54 PM »
How is the new boat?
Only had her out for a few hours being Easter and all but I'm very pleased with my choice. Sweet, just have a lot of learning now linking everything together lol.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2016, 05:50 PM »
Got a few today. My first in over two years. Water temp was 50 this am, when we left it was 55. IT IS TIME...

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2016, 06:47 PM »
I LOOKED FOR YOU BUT DIDN'T SEE ANY KYACKS ON THE LAKE. there were a lot of boats though. Even found a few weeds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.