FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy in the morning  (Read 9730 times)

crappiecrusher34

Re: Missy in the morning
« Reply #15 on: Apr 12, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Hey Big R, Thanks for report. Mike and I are wanting to come up Saturday morning for the crappie run near hogs back. Last year we were there on the 17th.And the crappie were loaded in river. If u could let me know a little closer to ended of week how its going. Love them Missy slabs. Crappiecrusher

bherr24

« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Big r...shhhhhh......just kidding.    Yes had a great day yesterday there and every fish was a slab. Several in the 13 inch range. Headed back over later.

bigr

« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2016, 08:35 AM »
The good thing about this time of year a person can catch a limit of crappie then switch lures and catch a limit of white bass, switch again and catch a limit of eyes, put on some cut bait and catch cats. I've seen guys that had to drag ropes of fish from the bank. Take a kid fishing when it gets easy.

bigr

« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2016, 08:43 AM »
I'm sure the bite will be good by weeks end up the river. Hogs back might be alittle to far based on my best guess on levels. Needs to be around 12 to 14 ft above winter pool to be ideal there. But even at that they will be found downstream near by. I'll be hitting it Thursday evening if not sooner and i'll report area and success. White bass should also be going good by weekend. River will be a good color and nearly normal level I expect.

bherr24

« Reply #19 on: Apr 12, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Flow out of the dam was increased this afternoon. Didn't do nearly as good today. Hope it comes back down soon.  Must be a lot of water coming in the resi from up river, not sure why else they would increase the rates.

bigr

« Reply #20 on: Apr 13, 2016, 08:44 AM »
After checking corp of eng update for today I would say hogs back area will be best area up river for the weekend. Go get em guys.

chicagill34

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2016, 05:57 AM »
Caught a couple out by the dam yesterday,lotsa little guys for me. it was a learning experience for me as well being my first time there..even rolled up my sweats and did some knee high wading to reach some of the slack water areas..lol

bigr

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2016, 03:00 PM »
Just got back from upstream fishing. River is still running high and muddy making it hard to find good slack areas. Did catch a few so I think there are running.(crappie) by Saturday conditions should be better but not good. Not with a long trip. I stopped at the spillway on way home and fishing there was still decent when water level is left along. Corp has been changing outflow daily and some days a few times for what I was told. Did see a couple nice eyes caught and several nice slabs while watching , all shore fishing . I think a person should be able to catch a nice mess of crappie/white bass along with eyes with some effort. If things change I'll be sure to post.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Well Big R, am with u I would think they were running but not what I was wanting to hear thats its muddy. Wabash in Lafayette area is in great shape. I use that to kinda judge how water will be else were. How's the lake look overall? Anyone been fishing red bridge area or the lake in general? Was hoping some guys were having success.

bigr

« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Not many fishing resi. Water rising fast and still muddy

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #25 on: Apr 15, 2016, 06:45 AM »
Well am not giving up yet on Missy. Its really nice out today. If someone does try let us know. I have few other spots that are doing well that i could visit.Am busy next week with potoka. But wanted to fish the old girl. Good luck everyone in the next few days.

bherr24

« Reply #26 on: Apr 15, 2016, 11:44 AM »
I tried the resi on tuesday for a short time near slocum launch, not a bump. This was from the bank.  Tried dead end road area last saturday, caught 2 small ones.  Like Big r said, very few people fishing. Water was just stained then but not sure about now.  I think im going to try below the dam this weekend, outflow is getting back down to where i like to see it. Would have went tonight but am busy. Free fishing day tomorrow so im sure it will be a zoo over there.

Boomer

« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2016, 12:41 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I was planning on coming down for a "big day" due to length of trip. We will put this on hold for another week and see what happens.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #28 on: Apr 15, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Well, Mike and I are heading over in the morning. Just to nice out not to try it, this is are only chance to come over and fish her for the next few weeks. We just got twenty dozen minnows. Last year on this weekend I needed more. :D I'll report back on how it goes. If its bust I'll be south on 31 by noon heading to the sure thing. Good luck eveeyone and feel free to come up to us and say hi. Sometimes these fish turn on fire over nite when things are right.

chicagill34

« Reply #29 on: Apr 15, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Good Luck out there!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.