FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy in the morning  (Read 9728 times)

bigr

Re: Missy in the morning
« Reply #30 on: Apr 15, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Be sure to run upstream. I didn't go today but I'm sure if you find the right slack areas you'll find fish. I'm sure the river is getting better by the minute. Fished a natural lake today and this morning was not good but by the early afternoon was on fire. River can be the same. Good luck.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'll post back one way or another. Were launching out on Pearson Mill.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Crushed the big ones today. I'll post more later tonight. On are way home.

Ray Colburn1

« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2016, 08:35 PM »
I'm headed out there in the morning if you don't can I get a little help like how deep fishing and around about area to go I appreciate the help thanks

bherr24

« Reply #34 on: Apr 16, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Crappiecrusher you guys are in beast mode. Nice job.  I never made it up on the lake today, went downstream of spillway and sorted through the dinks to find 15 nice ones. Water is extremely low, they lowered it again this morning. Much lower then i would prefer but made it work. May try lake side tomorrow.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #35 on: Apr 16, 2016, 10:05 PM »
OK finally home. Mike and I started up river past 13 found a few in slack water. But river was showing lots of fish on fish finder.As we push up stream water became more stained but not dirty. But fishing slowed for us. Water up by hogs back was 56 degree's. We turned back and started fishing slack areas really slow. Bam big fish on. Water in between 13 and Pearson mill was 61 by days end. And that's were the heard was at, we were fishing the windy banks were warm water was blowing too. Harder to fish in wind but that's were the big fish are. We caught most of are mess in five to seven ft of water fishing about the same depths. Fish were took on capp and coleman rigs set near bottom in skinny water. Minnows from Treasures in Delphi. Kept 35 nice fish. Had twenty over a pound. Biggest just shy of pound and half. Water clarity pretty good for Missy filling up. If u catch one fish area very thoroughly likely to be more.  After last weekend they just want some warm sun as I feel the same. Caught dozen big white bass also. Boys what am saying is the river run has begin. Enjoy. I'll be there tomorrow in the crusher with a good friend. Come say hi. I'll point u in right direction. Thanks guys. Pics will be  on crappiecrushers on FB later tonite. Come catch them out.

indianahooker

« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 2016, 06:09 AM »
great report.

was it anyone on here, that washed their truck at the ramp?   all the way to the roof it was!  wonder how much that will cost.  :o  anyone know how long it was in the water?

Zktaylor

« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 2016, 12:40 PM »
Great report crusher, and nice haul! I might just have to take the boat down there tomorrow and give it another go. Do you have to pay to launch at Pearson?  Let us know how you did today.

drine_11

« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Fished about 5 different areas between 13 and hogback  this morning and never really found the fish.  Caught a couple here and there but not enough to keep and not much size.  No rain in the forecast, so I'd say we will be in good shape when it does get going.

Ray Colburn1

« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2016, 06:18 PM »
Same thing got a few couple 12 one 14 and a big gill fished all over
But there was one good thing that came from today boat ran great was real happy with the boat

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #40 on: Apr 17, 2016, 10:06 PM »
It was a home run here, big slabs in river. Past 13 on fire. Caught well in the hundreds today. 20 dozen wasn't enough yesterday. Got 30 dozen today had some left. :o  The run is full blown. Caught lots of big white bass. Biggest slab a 1.80 sow today. We took are limit home. Pic up on the FB. Many great fish. Go get them boys and girls. Its on. Fish are everywhere up there, no need for slack water today. It was building in the river,backing up. Fish are moving about half mile a day. Clarity is now great. This was the best weekend i have ever had for big fish. Pre spawn sow's. Good luck don't be late. Lots of guys saying it should be on next weekend. But it happening right now. ;D

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #41 on: Apr 17, 2016, 10:23 PM »
All state property.About nine to ten ft of water at ramp.
Watch shallow flats to let on your way up to river stay right. High banks.

bigr

« Reply #42 on: Apr 18, 2016, 05:23 AM »
Glad to hear you got em. It's to easy and amazing how many fish move in river. Fished a spot sunday evening about half way to hogs back that was just slow moving water, no slack. Never had to cast, just dip. I'd guess a hundred fish in an hr of fishing. The water was boiling with fish. It started later this year but atleast started. Weather looks good for the next several days.   

drine_11

« Reply #43 on: Apr 18, 2016, 02:29 PM »
My buddy just got back from the river...said it was still slow, hopefully he was just in the wrong location.  He was fishing just east of the flying fields.

pearly

« Reply #44 on: Apr 18, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Fished Red Bridge in boat, 1 channel cat,Hogs Back small cat no Crappies, very shallow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.