FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 11805 times)

abishop

PERCH
« on: Sep 04, 2016, 08:21 PM »
Dis anyone get any perch today on the big lake.? Was going in the am and hoping a few came back in. ANY REPORTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

wallin

Re: PERCH
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2016, 08:48 PM »
Were going out of M.C. in the morning, not seen any reports but the winds right and I'm off work so were going.
Probably 7:30 before were on the lake.
Good Luck
Tom
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2016, 04:28 AM »
Be by the condos about 0730. Starting  around the 35 fow. I will call you later. Hopefully, we can locate a few.

trophytaker1

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Limited out Saturday and Sunday on Erie.

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2016, 03:15 PM »
Slow bite today. Marked a bunch but they were tight lipped. The fish that were caught were so tight to the bottom the fish finder didn't even register them 28 fow was the depth. Got 16 for the tank by 0930 before they shut down. It was windy out there today. Good way to spend Labor Day. Time to fire up the grill.

wallin

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2016, 06:59 PM »
We found plenty but could not get them to go, we ended up with 3 keepers, biggest about 11"/
Great day on the water with son and Grandson.
Are they digging sand up for Nipsco with the big dredge or dropping it into the lake?
Big dredge unit sitting out there.

Tom
Wallin

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Probably won't make it up that way again this year but once the waters start to cool I'll be chasing them locally especially wawasee!

Jig_Head

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2016, 01:18 AM »
We found plenty but could not get them to go, we ended up with 3 keepers, biggest about 11"/
Great day on the water with son and Grandson.
Are they digging sand up for Nipsco with the big dredge or dropping it into the lake?
Big dredge unit sitting out there.

Tom
East of the lighthouse? I been wondering that myself

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2016, 08:00 AM »
At first I thought it was a commercial
 net, and drove around the area. Then, I put it together. They must be piping a line out into the lake cause there are large lines on the barge. Maybe, they are going to put a sub-station in like they have in Illinois to pump in cleaner water from deep. Would like to know for sure.

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2016, 01:12 PM »
Anyone find any today (Wednesday). Hoping to give it a try tomorrow if I don't have to work. I was wondering if anyone has been over to the Cal Park area. Haven't heard anything from over that way. With south west winds tomorrow it may be the place to try. Any reports from there would be appreciated.

libo

« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2016, 05:25 PM »
abishop, thats what they are doing. extending the water in take deeper. there better not be any commercial nets in IN waters.lol caught a 2 man limit today in 40 ft, had to work hard for 4.5 hrs to get them. drifting & a lot of weight to get to the bottom.

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2016, 06:13 PM »
First time I saw the buoys there wasn't a barge with a crane there, it showed up shortly afterwards. After seeing the small buoys
, I remembered they looked like the net markers I saw in inland waters. Kind of figured those couldn't be commercial nets. They are usually a mile long. Thanks 4 report. Were you out by the condos?

wallin

« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2016, 07:36 PM »
At first I thought it was a commercial
 net, and drove around the area. Then, I put it together. They must be piping a line out into the lake cause there are large lines on the barge. Maybe, they are going to put a sub-station in like they have in Illinois to pump in cleaner water from deep. Would like to know for sure.
I'll try and find out tomorrow lol.
Wallin

MC_angler

« Reply #13 on: Sep 08, 2016, 07:52 AM »
The barge is doing work on Michigan City's municipal water intake.

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Wanted to go this morning. The rain put a damper on that. Heard they did pretty good yesterday. If I am available tomorrow I WILL be there. Anyone else have those plans. Chiefs bait hours are now open at 6am. After Labor day, no longer 5am.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.