FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy report  (Read 12748 times)

rivereddy

Re: Sally and Missy report
« Reply #45 on: Mar 21, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Tater and Daybreak pretty well nailed it.  The only thing to add is that there are two types of
permit.  One is for motorized craft, (this includes a battery opperated trolling motor) and costs
$25. The other permit is for nonmotorized boats like canoes, kayaks, and sailboats. It costs
$10

fish on,

rivereddy

lovetfish

« Reply #46 on: Mar 22, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Lakes that require permits

State parks

All lakes at Chain O’Lakes State Park
    Cagles Mill (Lieber) Lake
    Cecil M. Harden (Raccoon) Lake.
    Brookville Lake
    Hardy Lake
    Kunkel Lake at Ouabache State Park
    Lake Lincoln and Weber Lake at Lincoln State Park.
    Lakes Shakamak, Lenape and Kickapoo at Shakamak State Park
    Mississinewa Lake
    Monroe Lake
    Ogle and Strahl Lakes at Brown County State
    Patoka Lake
    Salamonie Lake
    Spring Mill Lake at Spring Mill State Park
    Summit Lake at Summit Lake State Park
    Versailles Lake at Versailles State Park
    Whitewater Lake at Whitewater State Park
    Worster Lake at Potato Creek State Park

State forests

Clark State Forest
    Deam Lake SRA
    Ferdinand State Forest
    Greene-Sullivan State Forest
    Harrison-Crawford State Forest
    Jackson-Washington State Forest
    Martin State Forest
    Morgan-Monroe State Forest
    Owen-Putnam State Forest
    Pike State Forest
    Starve Hollow SRA
    Yellowwood State Forest

Division of Outdoor Recreation

Lakes at Interlake State Recreation Area
    Lakes at Redbird State Recreation Area

Lakes that do not require a permit

Lakes located in Fish and Wildlife areas operated by the Division of Fish & Wildlife.
    Indiana streams and rivers, including the Ohio River.
    Natural lakes such as Lake James, Lake Wawasee and Lake Michigan.
    Lakes at National Forests and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Refuges.

bherr24

« Reply #47 on: Mar 24, 2020, 12:57 PM »
Anyone know what the river clarity looks like upstream from missy? Wondering if some fish moved up with this latest high water event. I may try thursday. First week of april last year i was on em up past 13 so not too far off timing wise. Temps have been a little cool lately but warming up tomorrow.

bigr

« Reply #48 on: Mar 24, 2020, 01:12 PM »
I plan on being upstream tomorrow also. I expect to find fish based off of previous years. Clarity won't be good but that doesn't matter near as much as locations. I won't be fishing deep and ill be using my usual blk/chartruess tubes. I'll report Thursday morning. Water dropping back down fast and the cold nights don't help but the warm air that's coming in should help. Wish it would be 70s instead of high 50s. Evenings will be better than mornings. 

bigr

« Reply #49 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:31 AM »
Yesterdays outing upstream didn't yield any fish but did give an ideal of where we are at in regards to the spring migration. River looked very good as far as color and level goes but I could tell there were no fish active up stream. Just not had a warm enough stretch with high enough water to bring them up and hold them up there. It will happen with one of the next rain events thats expected. Further downstream as you get closer to the backing up area of the resi the water clarity was murky but still decent for fishing. Water level is dropping fast so the fish are moving around. We just need things to happen before it really turns on. Water to stabilize or slowly rises and temps with sunshine to stick around for more than a day. 50's wont turn them on that fast as far as upstream fishing goes. If water continues to clear and level stop dropping so fast the usual areas in main lake will pick up again. Catfishing is still very good about anywhere you want to throw a piece of cut bait out. I didn't put a lot of effort into my outing and could have work the main body of resi and probable caught some fish. I expect the big bite to start anytime. White bass,crappie,bass,gils and anything else that's swims upstream.     

bherr24

« Reply #50 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:30 AM »
Thanks for report bigr. I went up north yesterday for some coho...only managed one. May go back this afternoon. Was gonna try the miss but will wait after seeeing this report.

gilldan

« Reply #51 on: Mar 28, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Reference the boat permit question.  You do not need a launch permit anymore for the Huntington Res (Roush res).  Since the state and the feds swapped the land several years ago the rules have changed.  The camp ground is still there but it pit toilets only.  They dozed down the modern ones.  It pay on the honor system and its pretty cheap compared to the other state campgrounds.  It is well keep up and used quite often.  To the east of the boat ramp they still kept the fishing pier.  Near the ramp is a modern restrooms also.

bherr24

« Reply #52 on: Mar 29, 2020, 12:03 PM »
River near Marion is way up i see. Hopefully this will bring the fish up river. I fished the resi yesterday for a bit...caught a fair amount but only one keeper sized fish. Water was still a bit murky but better then i had expected. Below the dam has been hot if you dont mind the long walk to get to the other side since they closed the parking lot. Several limits in the last few days. I got there late yesterday and took home a good mess. Im sure there gonna blow it open here soon tho and kill that bite.

gilldan

« Reply #53 on: Mar 29, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Fishogger, yes the paved ramp on the north side is open.  The dirt ramp on the south side west of Simpson Rd is open when the res isn't flooded.  The road and parking lot has some normal dirt road holes but there is a lot of trash around the makeshift campfires.

gilldan

« Reply #54 on: Mar 29, 2020, 07:36 PM »
I saw where the DNR is extending the expiration dates on Hunting Fishing Combos and Trout stamps that were to expire on this Tues. till May 22.  But I haven't seen anything on extending the launch permits.  Anyone know??

lovetfish

« Reply #55 on: Mar 30, 2020, 01:13 PM »
This is what the Dnr at Missy told me about fishing below dam       The property the USACE manages has been closed to public. The fishing area at the tailwaters/spillway/outflow/below the dam is closed to the public at all USACE properties in the Louisville District, including Mississinewa, Salamonie and Roush.

People may fish on the DNR managed / lake side of the dam.

rivereddy

« Reply #56 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:00 PM »
I'm not up to speed.  How is the management of  the Huntington (Roush) reservoir property different from
Mississinewa and Salamonie?

bherr24

« Reply #57 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:35 PM »
People have been fishing below dam at missy for 2 weeks. They park on the old bait shop side and walk all the way around the tank to get the other side. I went once and that was saturday and there were 8 or 9 people there even with it raining. Im surprised DNR hasnt stopped it if its a big deal. Water is way up there now anyway so likely wont be many people there for a while. Im ready for the run up river myself.

gilldan

« Reply #58 on: Mar 31, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Army Corp of Engineers control the tailwater areas.  They shut it down when the President closed things down.   As far as the Huntington res. goes there was a trade of some land with the state and federal govt.  The DNR has a little control but the rules have changed on the way its managed.  DNR still patrols it.  They went from 7 employees to one supervisor and 2 workers.  They took out the BSA hiking trail, the BMX Trails, the beach and modern restrooms.  They cater to the hunters and don't mow around the lakes anymore on the property site.  They do try to keep the road in shape but there is only so much 2 guys can do.   The big problem is as everywhere is people dumping trash in the parking lot.  Last year someone dumped 3 microwaves in the boxes 150 ft away from the parking lot in the brush.  They stacked them up and fired 15 rounds into them.  i was going to haul them away but I didn't want to get arrested for driving past the wire gate onto the property.

Daybreak

« Reply #59 on: Apr 25, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Noticed no one has posted a fishing report on Mississinewa on this thread for awhile.  Thought I would bring it back to the top.  Not sure this lake needs any advertisement on fishing opportunities based on the amount of trailers in the parking lots as well as boats on the lake yesterday.  It's easy to tell fewer people are working.  Lake was packed.  With the lake level still down and a day of beautiful weather, the fish are really bunched up.  You still have to catch them tho.  Saw many guys that had them dialed in, as they were catching a bunch.  Lots of small ones, with an occasional keeper coming to the boat.  Kept 15 for the fish dinner the wife has been wanting.  Shared half the catch with my brother for his quarantined family.  Best day on the water so far this year for me.  It was nice to take the hoodie off for a while and get a little sunshine therapy.  Did I mention, getting a "thump" felt pretty good too?
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.