FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dumbest thing you've done  (Read 16778 times)

fish_finder

Dumbest thing you've done
« on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:53 AM »
What are some of the dumbest things you guy have ever done...mine would have to be forgeting to put the plug back in the boat before backing it in (thank god it was a week day and the launch ramp was empty)...and my personal favorit...swapping the anchor off my other boat, throwing it in the boat, fiddle around with something and forget to tie off the anchor..then ten minutes later leaning over teh side to get teh anchor back :cookoo:
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

freshfish

Re: Dumbest thing you've done
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I rigged up a Carolina rigging one day, took my time and tossed it overboard without tying it to my line.
Not bad but then i did it with the one I tied to replace that one :D

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:14 PM »
tossed the anchor overboard without the rope :blink: :blink:

Loves To Fish

• When Can We Go Again!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:27 PM »
My dumbest move would definitely be grabbing my son's tackle box ( same color ), instead of mine, by mistake. Driving over 2 hours to fish a lake with no sewing needles or my hooks/ leaders. Fresh smelts with no way to use them.
We trolled around all day trying to catch fish with hula-poppers and one dare devil. No fish, trout or salmon, that trip.
When I got home, I spray painted a big " X " on my son's tackle box. It hasn't happened since. :laugh:

jrelaxin

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2008, 12:51 PM »
its hard to say.......done some crazy stuff................This year guess it was launched and fished the wrong lake..........spent all morning troubleshooting my depth finder cause It was reading a 100ft off.............then did the "NO NO" after nothing looked right stopped and asked someone............ :cookoo:
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2008, 01:22 PM »
its hard to say.......done some crazy stuff................This year guess it was launched and fished the wrong lake..........spent all morning troubleshooting my depth finder cause It was reading a 100ft off.............then did the "NO NO" after nothing looked right stopped and asked someone............ :cookoo:

I guess I did something similiar this year too.  Launched the boat. Turned on the fish finder. 65fow...Perfect!  Set the riggers. Hooked a fish. and noticed I could see bottom!  Kinda funny dragging balls down 35' in 8fow!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

JDK

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2008, 01:40 PM »

I have to ask and I mean no disrespect but.......how do you launch in the wrong lake?
# SAND

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Kinda funny dragging balls down 35' in 8fow!

You just don't stop coming up with funny one liners, do ya?

I'm can't think of anything really dumb I've done this year.  Year isn't over yet.
Live free or die trying.

rayhakfish

• Don't know the cause, but fishing the cure!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2008, 01:49 PM »
 ??? I have seinya moments, but you not old nuff to, so how did you launch at the wrong lake? Once I hooked a salmon and knocked the net overboard and pulled the fish in the boat where it came unhooked. Meanwhile the pole was sliding off the boat in back of me which I was able to grab just in time. Net sits on bottom.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2008, 01:58 PM »
When I launched at the wrong lake, the one I wanted was 1/2 mile up the road and they both are called "Diamond Pond"
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2008, 03:29 PM »
don"t know if it is dumb or not but one time when i was striper fishing, i was trying to cast my plug out to them and when i put the pole in back of me i decided to throw it out extra hard but for some unknown reason all six of the barbed hooks decided to latch on to the back of my head. one of the most painful experiences i have ever encountered. actually it wasn"t painful when they decided to enter my head , it was real bad getting them back out.
hard core fanatic!

bassranger

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2008, 04:29 PM »
sounds dumb to me :o :o
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2008, 04:38 PM »
There isn't enough time for me to list things.

So here is a few,
Drove three hours on a fly fishing trip and forgot  the rod and reel.

Drove 2 hrs on an ice fishing trip and left the auger

Drove an hour or so and brought the fishing gear but left all my ice fishing clothes, boots and gloves.

Thought it was a good idea once to poke a big bee hive over hanging the stream with my fly rod tip, (I still can't figure that one out)  and along similar lines thought a snapping turtle wouldn't bite the tip of my fly rod clean off. ( I was wrong)

Reached inside a 15lb pikes' mouth  and found out that it hurts.(duh)

Fished for three months without a license before I realized it. The ECO believed me and let me off with a warning.. Thanx dude

I blame all of this specifically on the year and a half of college I went to. One hell of a cover charge thats all I can say.

We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

DR.SPECKLER

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2008, 04:42 PM »
i know ive done the anchor overboard without tying it 2 many times.

fish_finder

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Mickey Finn reminded of me of one i pulled this past winter icefishin...lugged the propane stove, food and a new fully filled 20lb cylinder 1/4 mile out to my shack...went to hook up the gas line and realized i left the adapter on my counter at home :cursing:
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.