FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dumbest thing you've done  (Read 16777 times)

Issiah

Re: Dumbest thing you've done
« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2008, 07:13 PM »
LMAO    Great Thread   I've Done a few of the same things mentioned but a couple that really shine out for me are... Going Bullhead fishing one night after having a few and casting my worm up into a tree (Not knowing it)  after waiting a good hour or more I realized why I wasn't getting any bites.

Another time I woke up hungover from a night of heavy drinking. My brother had "Got the Boat ready" and finally managed to wake me up to head on out. I fire up the motor start heading out to the fishing spot and the motor flies off the back of the boat!! He never tightened the motor mounts...

Brought home a container of leeches we were using one night when I was a kid and put them in my mom's fridge; forgot to tighten the lid down good and my Mom found them suckin on the hamburger meat!            Got it good for that one

How bout forgeting to check the gas and getting stranded with the "Paddle"

biggeorge50

« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Got to the boat launch to discover I forgot to hook the boat to the truck.
I know enough, I just can't think of most of it.

OTIS

« Reply #17 on: Sep 11, 2008, 07:04 AM »
Took the kids out to meet the guys ice fishing and left the auger on the tailgate.  Realised it once we were about a mile and a half away.  Used my buddies Nills all day.  When we got back to the truck, it was gone.

Left the plug out of the boat too many times to mention.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

NoGood

« Reply #18 on: Sep 11, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Gave the boat a good shove off the trailer without tying on the rope.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 11, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Gave the boat a good shove off the trailer without tying on the rope.

Funny...one of the NH game wardens did that with an audience!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #20 on: Sep 11, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Got married to my first wife. LOL!!!

HIMO
                                         MFF Moderator
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

NoGood

« Reply #21 on: Sep 11, 2008, 06:52 PM »

Funny...one of the NH game wardens did that with an audience!

luckily for me 2 guys in a boat, saw what happened and fetched my boat.

minnowreaper

« Reply #22 on: Sep 12, 2008, 09:13 AM »
1st time out on a little 12 footer with a 10 hp moter that I had just got out of the shop,brought it down to Lake Erie and put it in the water.Could not get the moter started to save our lives,3in the boat all pulled the cord till we were getting blisters.We ended up floating around the harbor for about 2 hours trying to get started and finally gave up.We went down to the shop that it just came from to rip someone a new one,told them what was going on,they got someone right out to see what was up.He took one look at it,turned the gas line around gave the cord a pull and started it right up.Now I leave the line in the tank and have both sides labled  ::)

Yukon Steve

« Reply #23 on: Sep 12, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Mines a classic feaux pas!! I had just purchased a brand new 20' center console with all the bells and whistles back in 1989 and was so excited to get it wet that prior to launching I unhooked the winch from the bow eye and the launch had just enough grade that I could see my boat sliding off the trailer as I backed it in. Well fortunately only half the boat was resting on the launch and was able to winch it back up enough to get it in the water. Messed up the drain plug and gel coat a bit but lesson learned :cursing:
Steve

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #24 on: Sep 12, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Mines a classic feaux pas!! I had just purchased a brand new 20' center console with all the bells and whistles back in 1989 and was so excited to get it wet that prior to launching I unhooked the winch from the bow eye and the launch had just enough grade that I could see my boat sliding off the trailer as I backed it in. Well fortunately only half the boat was resting on the launch and was able to winch it back up enough to get it in the water. Messed up the drain plug and gel coat a bit but lesson learned :cursing:

i would have cried  like a little school girl ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Sep 13, 2008, 07:37 AM »
I know I've told this one here before...but...

I launched the boat at the little county launch on the south end of I-Bay at around 3:30 am one summer morning...parked the truck to find I forgot to put the plug in.

Pulled the boat back on the trailer to drain out the water and re-launched without tying on the rope and watched in the rear view mirror as it floated out into the bay. Jumped in the water, swam after the boat and got it to shore.

I then realized that I was soaked head to toe and still had to park my brand new Ford Bronco...you know...the Eddie Bauer with the beautiful plush red velvet seats.

No one was around at that time of day so I stripped off my clothes and tossed them on top of the truck and proceeded to park the truck. Just as I parked. who pulls in the parking lot but an Irondequoit cop. Soooo, there I am sitting butt naked in my truck with a cop at my window asking me what I was doing.

Fortunately for me he was a good sort and instructed me to have a better day.

:unsure:

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Yukon Steve

« Reply #26 on: Sep 13, 2008, 09:00 AM »
i would have cried  like a little school girl ;D
I was a miserable SOB for a bit after that brain fart!
Steve

fishboy

« Reply #27 on: Sep 13, 2008, 09:24 AM »
dropped the $600.00 digital down the hole  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(...I don't wanna talk about it :'(
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 13, 2008, 10:43 AM »
SUCKS THE PICS YOU LOST PROBLY MORE THEN CAMERA.ITS AMAZING ASMALL HOLE LIKE THAT AND THINGS FALL INTO IT SO EASY.SEE YA THERE THIS ICE SEASON MAYBE WE CAN JIG IT UP.LATER CRAPPIES ARE BITING.THE DUMBEST THING IVE DONE WAS GO ICE FISHING GET THERE SET UP AND FORGET THE POLES TO HOLD THE SHANTY UP.BUT 2 STICKS AND DUCKTAPE TOOK CARE OF THAT.
Since there is six times as much water as there is land any man can plainly see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times as much as he works-

bugman1964

« Reply #29 on: Sep 13, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Let my nephew get out of the canoe without holding on to it dumping me out in to the water. If that wasn't bad enough I let my best friend do the same thing a few years later.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.