FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dumbest thing you've done  (Read 16776 times)

Chucker

Re: Dumbest thing you've done
« Reply #30 on: Sep 14, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Recently?   Caught a pike that really wolfed down a Rat-L-Trap.  Needed the spreaders to get it back.  Pulled the Trap out, and threw the pike back in with the spreaders still in its mouth. 

Believe it or not, the pike was confused enough that it didn't go down right away, and I was able to reach over the side, grab the spreaders, and let the pike go a second time - without the jaw spreaders.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 15, 2008, 09:15 PM »
launched my new 11'6" jon boat, went about 150 yards, and started casting. then i figured i could get a better cast standing on the front seat, and had the boat shoot out from underneath me. not on the lake 5 minutes!!!! :laugh:

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #32 on: Sep 15, 2008, 09:18 PM »
ouch!!!
hard core fanatic!

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #33 on: Sep 16, 2008, 01:32 AM »
launched my new 11'6" jon boat, went about 150 yards, and started casting. then i figured i could get a better cast standing on the front seat, and had the boat shoot out from underneath me. not on the lake 5 minutes!!!! :laugh:

That is awesome. Wish there was some video
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Muddie Water

« Reply #34 on: Sep 16, 2008, 04:25 AM »
Got to the boat launch to discover I forgot to hook the boat to the truck.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Beer is  Now Cheaper Than Gas, Drink, Don't  Drive.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Sep 16, 2008, 07:27 PM »
That is awesome. Wish there was some video

me too. and not a person around to get a good laugh! what a waste of a royal screwup!!!! :P :laugh:

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Big Burk

« Reply #36 on: Sep 17, 2008, 12:08 AM »
drove 7 hours north and get to the lake at 6:30am, got the boat all loaded up and go to start the boat... left the key on the table at home  ??? thank god its just a tether style key was able to rig something up. have backed the boat into the water with the plug out a few times and have pulled the plug when the boat was still in the water before i loaded it up. dont know what i was thinking  :unsure:

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Great stories guys. :laugh:

While icefishing one time I set my jigging rod in what I thought was quite a hard snow bank.
I had to leave just for a minuet to get some more bait not far away.
I decided to leave the hook in the water, when I came back the rod was gone. :o
Some big pike must have grabbed the lure and bolted, bye bye jigging rod. ::)

For the rest of the day all I had was one rod to fish with. :P

WW

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #38 on: Sep 20, 2008, 11:55 AM »
ate the wrapper instead of the bar threw the bar away. :-\ :P

jibbs

« Reply #39 on: Sep 20, 2008, 05:07 PM »
locked the keys in the vehicle as i was loading my boat on the trailer........then sat there in the rain until a locksmith showed up 2 hours later........interesting
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

zadvorney

« Reply #40 on: Oct 03, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Tried to open my ice hole with explosives.   I augered 3' down and could see the water.  Some hardware, 100 feet of speaker wire and a lamp battery later....bang!  the ice groaned like crazy.   Not doing that again.  Ah youth. 

fish_finder

« Reply #41 on: Oct 09, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Here's another one i pulled last week duck hunting...i do a lot of stupid things...was chasin down a wounded mallard in an old flooded field turned swamp/ pond and decided to neglect the fact it has irrigation ditches running the length of it...i was wearing chest waders and up to my waist when suddenly i was up to my neck :o..i was to the point of no return so i kept going ...now for the stupid part...after i chased the duck into the grass  :cursing:...later to be found by my dog who was busy getting other birds at the time....instead of going the long way into shore and around the ditch, i decide that i should be able to cross it somewheres else and be able to make it  :blink:  :cookoo:...WRONG i ended up going over my head this time and having to swim with chest waders and a shotgun in one hand...good thing it was a short distance and im a strong swimmer...well my buddy got a laugh of me swimming in some of the nastiest water ive ever had the pleasure of sampling...tasted mysteriously like the coffee i get at school  ???
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #42 on: Oct 10, 2008, 05:36 AM »

You never told us you are related to Bill Dance!   :-*
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

NoGood

« Reply #43 on: Oct 15, 2008, 01:23 PM »
What I did today was beyond dumb,more like wetarded. Launched my boat this morning,parked the truck & trailer came back to fine loads of water in my boat. Lesson learned,always put the drain plug in and never assume you did it before you left the house.

freshfish

« Reply #44 on: Oct 15, 2008, 01:31 PM »
I finally got a chance to fish a private pond known for giant bass. Well, I grabbed my old standby rod I'd had for years and on the first cast I hooked a monster. that monster broke old standby in half along with my line. I only brought one rod so we had to head back home. Just as we left the guy who owns it came over in his boat with an eight pounder. Now I always take multiple rods and reels.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.