FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spinning Rod Length and Strength for Trout fishing  (Read 15761 times)

JustOsmo

Spinning Rod Length and Strength for Trout fishing
« on: Mar 30, 2010, 01:55 PM »
I am picking up a 2nd rod so i can have 2 lines out. I wanna get one for trout fishing. My question is what length and strength should I get?

UL? L? 5'6? 6'? 6'6?

bmxrider11976

Re: Spinning Rod Length and Strength for Trout fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:16 PM »
id get a 5 and a half foot ultra light. fun for trout fishin and even more fun for bass fishin.
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

JustOsmo

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:22 PM »
id get a 5 and a half foot ultra light. fun for trout fishin and even more fun for bass fishin.

I have  medium 6'6 rod with a reel already for bass, but I obviously will use it for bass to when im out and wanna just toss some still stuff out. So UL. I was thinking that too.

CoreyL302

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2010, 02:58 PM »
6'6 ultra light uglystick pro is my favorite rod by far. Its nice for light tackle trout fishing with light line. The longer ultra light is nice for bass fishing with 3/8 oz and less lures. You can cast a senko a mile  ::)  ;D. I would use 4lb to 6lb test. Good luck this season

CoreyL302

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Looks like a good choice. Nice price

JustOsmo

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2010, 03:21 PM »
ya, now i gotta stop buying new gear. Its getting riddonculous.

bmxrider11976

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2010, 03:34 PM »
hahaha yeah everyday im on here i see you talkin about somethin new your buyin JustOsmo
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

JustOsmo

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2010, 04:05 PM »
hahaha yeah everyday im on here i see you talkin about somethin new your buyin JustOsmo

Well I had nothing so I had alot to get lol. All I had was my ice gear.

daddyx2

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2010, 04:17 PM »
i dont mean by any means to jack this thread and if i do i apologize, but for togue i plan on using my 7ft surf rod and jiggin from the side of my ten foot inflatable. the only reason for the surf rod is for line capacity getting down to the bottom of great east (acton) 90ft down. dunno how it will pan out but i'm gonna give it a shot
"oh sh*t, im stuck on bottom again...oh... maybe not its moving!!! SCORE!!!!!"

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2010, 01:39 AM »
I am picking up a 2nd rod so i can have 2 lines out. I wanna get one for trout fishing. My question is what length and strength should I get?

UL? L? 5'6? 6'? 6'6?

How about giving us a little more detail about what kind of trout fishing you're intending to do. I have rods that I use for trout that are anywhere from 4 ft. to 11 ft. They vary according to species and application. To just say..."Buy this rod at this length and this action" is a shot in the dark at best. So let us know what you have in mind and we, (and I mean all members who trout fish) may be able to help you make an educated decision...WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

deweyfishopenwater

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2010, 06:04 AM »
       I would look at 6-6 or 7 foot medium light rod. check the rod shaft for what oz. lures the rod is good for, 1/8 oz. thru 1/2 oz lures should be good for trout . :)  A two pc.rod is nice for putting in car or truck.  :) :)

JustOsmo

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2010, 06:16 AM »
How about giving us a little more detail about what kind of trout fishing you're intending to do. I have rods that I use for trout that are anywhere from 4 ft. to 11 ft. They vary according to species and application. To just say..."Buy this rod at this length and this action" is a shot in the dark at best. So let us know what you have in mind and we, (and I mean all members who trout fish) may be able to help you make an educated decision...WK

Stocked Trout, like Bows. Browns and Brookies would be fun too. Like I have made clear I don;t know nuts about open water stuff.

CoreyL302

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Osmo gave enough imput. Us smart guys dont need too many details ::)

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Osmo gave enough imput. Us smart guys dont need too many details ::)

OK then I'll let you SMART GUYS give him your IMPUT as you call it  and I'll leave this topic alone....WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.