FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: what if your buddy did this?  (Read 6851 times)

slamminsam

Re: what if your buddy did this?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Got a couple of errrrs but this one was the best. I bought me a bran new rod and reel. A 14ft pole for shore fishing.  We get to the lake and start setting up the poles. Unknown to me my very good fishing partner picked up my pole and leaned it on my tail gate when I was not paying attention. It was in his way for some reason. He still to this day can figure out why he moved it but it just needed moved. And bam I closed the tail gate right on my new pole snap and we both just looked at each other.  And he just started laughing at me. Fishing Partners and our funny punch lines.
Ditto, the tailgate just bit my favorite pole this weekend.  If I had put it there I'd be kicking myself in the butt.  But it was my buddies kid that did it.  I had to chalk it up to just a bad experience and go on.  It still sucked, but ahhhhh.  Good thing I brought a back up pole.  Only thing that bugged me was that they never manned up to it even though I know I put it up front by the front door so I wouldn't close the gate on it.  But they make new poles. 

carcaju

« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2013, 07:38 PM »
i took a couple nephews ice fishing we had a good day and made our way back to the truck they helped me load up the gear and one of them took 2 rods out of a bucket and set them on the snow bank while we picked up the sleds and put them in .he forget to put them in the rod box and they were left behind .he was young and just trying to help so i couldnt get mad but i wish it was the cheap ones he left on not my customs ,a very expencive mistake  :'(

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Oct 31, 2013, 05:43 PM »
I have one for ya. I have a buddy with a Bayliner Trophy that we use mostly for trolling. We had just finished a day of trolling on a favorite laker lake, and packed up all the gear in his boat to start the trek back to the launch. As it happens he has vertical rod racks that hold all of his trolling rods, which are mounted dead center on the inside of the transom. That's when it happened!!! He got a bit over zealous with the throttle and I went straight back into that rack full of $300 combo trolling rigs. When the smoke cleared I had only officially destroyed two of the rods, and one of the reels, but at quite the cost. I felt horrible, and offered to pay for all of my destruction. He had none of that, instead choosing to throw it in my face at his leisure. I am still paying for those rods.  :laugh:

take the money or deal with it, hes not a bud if he keeps throwing it in your face after you offered and that's not a laugh , I've had guys break my stuff and I don't hold it over their heads due to an opps on my part he should have asked if you were all set , I always due in my boat when putting 250 horse in motion

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.