FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why did you pick your user name?  (Read 20078 times)

nuke1neil

Re: Why did you pick your user name?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2004, 08:16 PM »
I'm a nuclear repair tech./diver at nuke plants.Like I stated at ice shanty,I do not glow(well,maybe just a little).Love to fish mainly for panfish,but will fish for anything.I have to agree with fishingking,I also feel I am the 20 percent who catches 80 percent of the fish.Most of us probably feel that way.I'm enjoying taking my kids out and teaching them.They love to set the hook and crank them babies in!!!!!Also I scuba dive,deer hunt,look for arrowheads,ice fish of course,and read a lot(almost always hunting and fishing stuff).Like to travel when I can afford it,go to West Virginia every year deer hunting,and also S.Carolina every other year or so deer hunting.

suskymusky

« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2004, 09:48 PM »
I call myself SuskyMusky because I love to fish for musky and northern pike in the susquehanna river.Im 40 and I've been fishing the river for over 35 years.I had a few close encounters with them while fishing for other species, and I was hooked.I fish every month of the year,whether its from the bank for Channel cats ,or wading for smallmouth,or trolling for walleye.I also ice fish, but I'm not that good at it. I'm still learning how to fish lakes, but I can't seem to pattern the fish or locate them.I just can't figure them out like I can moving water, so I concentrate on rivers and streams.I used to hunt,but I killed more deer with my cars(3) than with a gun(1)., and it cut into fall walleye season, so I gave it up.I use my compound bow for carp in May when they spawn.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

susquayuga fisher

« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Susquayuga Fisher, 'cause I fish the Susquahanna and Cayuga Lake.   Suskymusky, I also bowhunt(fish) for carp in the river. Where in the Susky do you do most of your fishing? I live in Owego. Hiawatha Island, Hickories,etc.

Andy

wny angler

« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2004, 04:13 AM »
i picked wny angler because i live in western newyork  :o

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2004, 07:37 AM »
My little brown dog goes fishing with me summer and winter.  Let me tell ya, she knows what the sound of the drag letting out is!  Comes out of a deep sleep when the reel starts singing!  Always tries her best to help get the fish! I'll have to get some picts up here of us in action.  I like to fish year round and hunt in the spring and fall.

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2004, 09:11 AM »
See if this works

Cider

« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2004, 10:12 AM »
Cool pic!  Is that an American Water Spaniel?  They are really neat dogs.  I have two setters and a pointer.

My username is after the name of my alpha setter (first gundog I have personally owned).  Got it from reading my favorite outdoor writer Corey Ford.

He named his dog Cider because the birddog earns his living in the fall and a cool glass of cider goes well at the end of a hard day of chasing birds!

Here he is with his first rooster from this past season...

stream walker

« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2004, 11:20 AM »
i like walking the banks of scenic trout streams

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2004, 11:33 AM »
The Little Brown Dog is a Boykin Spaniel.
http://www.boykinspaniel.org
Cool little dogs.  Her favorite thing to do is fetch ducks, but fishing comes in a close second!

can_of_worms

« Reply #24 on: Mar 04, 2004, 12:35 PM »
I wasn't sure as to who I would be talking to so I picked a somewhat landmark in our area that was related to fishing. The Can Of Worms is a section of our highway system that is just that, a mess of exit and on ramps all mixed together. I love hockey and wish everyday that I was still playing. I do some taxidermy on the side to cut down the costs of my habbits , helps with the bride too. My wife has an equal love for the outdoors and is almost always along with me, hunting or fishing shes there. Our dog has decided that he should be included in any event that requires guns or the boat, so he has now become a solid member of our outtings. Good luck to all on the open water.

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #25 on: Mar 04, 2004, 12:59 PM »
My user name is a shortened form of my last name. people pronounce it   HI MO. it is really HE MO. I have lived in wisconsin all my life and love to fish, hard and soft water. I am also a deer hunter. My wife and kids fish the soft water with me but only my 2 sons icefish with me. My family also likes to go camping. which we do alot during the year.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

buckshot

« Reply #26 on: Mar 04, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Been my nickname given to me by my dad when I was still wet behind the ears.  Stuck with me for 49 yrs so far.
I  go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses tuned once more.

Bottom Bouncer

« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I had been following posts on iceshanty for about a month as a guest and could not get in during the hard times at the shanty, thought they were tired of me browsing so I attempted to register must have typed in every thing in my tackle box fishing related , about to say it wasn't worth it ( glad I stuck with it ) bottom bouncer great rig to locate wallies fast , one of my favorite fishing rigs on the bigger lakes.

suskymusky

« Reply #28 on: Mar 04, 2004, 04:18 PM »
Susquayuga Fisher, 'cause I fish the Susquahanna and Cayuga Lake.   Suskymusky, I also bowhunt(fish) for carp in the river. Where in the Susky do you do most of your fishing? I live in Owego. Hiawatha Island, Hickories,etc.

Andy
Andy, I live in Pittston, near Wilkes-Barre.I fish  anywhere from West Nanticoke up north to Mehoopany, but I mostly fish the Harding and Falls area.Some of my friends have a lot of luck in the Great Bend area, and I plan to check it out this year.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

Browntrout08

« Reply #29 on: Mar 04, 2004, 08:01 PM »
When I was at college, I needed to come with an email address, so I decided on browntrout.  I hunt turkeys,bowhunt/shotgun for deer, and sometimes hunt squirrels.  I icefish Jan-iceout, then I will go for steelheads and then spring trout.  Then bass and pike.  I also like to cast for salmon in late summer/early fall.  Then its hunting season.  Always have to squeeze panfishing in there.  I also like to play floor hockey and I golf here and there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.