FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why did you pick your user name?  (Read 20079 times)

ice1or2

• HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY!!
Re: Why did you pick your user name?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 05, 2004, 02:36 PM »
 :D Another good site!! User name seemed to cover all water conditions!! The best season is the one at hand!! (Where's my ice??.... boohoohoo!!)

GETABITE

« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2004, 04:40 PM »
WELL I CHOOSE GETABITE BECAUSE EVERYTIME WE GO FISHING WE ALL  PRAY TO THE FISHING GODS TO JUST LET US [ GET A BITE ], DON'T WORRY WE'LL HOOK THEM AFTER THAT.  ;D  ;D  ;D

livin4ice

« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2004, 04:48 PM »
Came up with my username cause I am always watching the wether in the late fall waiting for ice.  People at work think I am crazy for liking winter.  They once said "you live for winter", so I made it livin4ice. 

I also like to soft water fish, mostly flyfishing. I Spend a ton of time on the rivers in the fall trying for steelhead and salmon.  During the winter when I am not fishing I like to snomobile (and yes, I also hate the guys that scream by the shanty).

livin4ice

« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2004, 04:50 PM »
BTW  I consider myself a lot like fishking.  Except I am part of the 20 percent that spends 80 percent of the money on tackle and supplies.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2004, 06:40 PM »
chose the name because i have lived near oak orchard ck. for a long time, love to fish it both spinning and fly and the fishking part doesnt mean im the king of it, it means i like to fish for the king salmon! lately though, i am a major contributor to the tackle industry. i keep buying them, and they keep sitting in my 11 tackle boxes!  ;D

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2004, 11:40 PM »
Great Topic!

Reelcharacter here.

My "name" comes with a double meaning. (There's a word for that, think the kids learned it in school once).   :)  "reel" I like fishing (as in - "fishing reel"), "character" (as in the scouting - "character counts" . . .   (This was a slogan BSA National had for a while. Was a good one. Think they should still use it). I teach the fishing merit badge to our scout troop, among other things, as an Asst Scout Leader.

I would like to think I demonstrate "real character" and have been known to my friends as a "real character".

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

fastribs85

« Reply #36 on: Mar 06, 2004, 12:40 AM »
ribs is short for my last name and fast cause thats what i like to do go fast love to hunt and fish every chance i get and watch a good race either saturday night at the local dirt on cup on tv will fish for any thing and turkeys in the spring and im only 18 and starting to reaslly get interested in tying flys always looking for another fishing pal to
naked women and beer we got it all in here

MCfishnut

« Reply #37 on: Mar 07, 2004, 11:39 PM »
I chose MCfishnut because I live in Michigan City, IN. and I am a fishing nut.  ;D

I fish in Lake Michigan, and its streams for steelhead and salmon.  Ponds, and rivers for everything esle.  My favorite is ice fishing with tip ups for big pike.

skulldugary

« Reply #38 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:12 AM »
Collect skulls,got a ton of skull tattoo's and my name is Gary......Skulldugary

dukenibaitshop

« Reply #39 on: Mar 08, 2004, 11:47 AM »
I saved the black lab from a bullet. He became my best friend. When I opened our bait shop, It was the only name that stands out in my mind. He is the Pres. the better half is the boss, and I do all the work. Dont get me wrong I love the work and every one that stops by wether to by or for the fish storyes, and there are plenty of em round here.

seaweed01

« Reply #40 on: Mar 08, 2004, 12:36 PM »
I retired from the Navy after 20 years and thought that Seaweed was appropiate.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #41 on: Mar 08, 2004, 01:36 PM »
i am a very fussy carpenter and am known to do high quality work...billditrite stands for build it right.
Scotty 

trapperdirk

« Reply #42 on: Mar 08, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Got my handle because I'm a trapper and Dirk is my first name . Seems alot of places I go it's how folks introduce me and so it has stuck .
  Only name I go by on all the sites I belong to on the web .
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #43 on: Mar 09, 2004, 09:37 AM »
I was a sniper in the military. We all got nicknames.  Some of my old SOG vet's called me it around my friends at a get together and they carried it on. A bit embarrassing but I need a nickname for this site and fishing/hunting buddies know me by it.
Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

wall_eyez

• Looking for Walter Walleye!
« Reply #44 on: Mar 09, 2004, 10:08 AM »
I picked it so other peeps would know what kind of fishing I like to do.....

Lou D.
If I'm not online, I'm out fishin!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.