FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thoughts on North American Fishing Club  (Read 5021 times)

dwaytkus

• Hudson Falls, NY
Thoughts on North American Fishing Club
« on: Jul 14, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Got a sign up package in mail today from them and read it over and was thinking about signing up.  What are your thougts on the club and magazine?  What about the product testing?
Oh Lord,
There he is.
Feels like a big one.
Please don’t let me lose him.
I’ve never caught one this big before.
I’ll try not to horse him.
And if I land him I promise to release him
And make a graphite replica...
If my wife says it’s okay.
Thank you for the Rapalas.
Amen.

devil-man

Re: Thoughts on North American Fishing Club
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2005, 04:52 PM »
I think it's a good thing. Life Member right here.
The magazine isn't I-F, but it's pretty good.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2005, 04:57 PM »
i have got them in the mail but never thought nothing of them i will look at the next one i get.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2005, 06:30 PM »
its a pretty good magizine, i like them a lot more than bassmasters because they cover all the bases of fishing, unlike bassmasters wich only covers bass fishing and nafc sends members free hooks and things like that from time to time.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Deposit

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2005, 04:46 AM »
The mag isn't to bad. There are some good benefits though (like Field testing new products, then you get to keep 'em) I also met Camo_fish through the club. I'm a life member and relatively young so I think life membership is a good deal!

eyedoktr

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2005, 06:45 AM »
I have been a Life Member for over 10 years. The magazine is good At least they carry some walleye articles. :-) NAFC is also a major sponsor of the Cabela's MWC (walleye tournament circuit) and has updates on tournament results. As I fish the tournaments, I enjoy the articles. I have been fortunate enough to be  a field tester a number of times. Some real neat stuff and some not so neat stuff.

I think for the small price you pay to join, it's a heck of a deal.
Pete Lewis

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2005, 07:42 AM »
I belonged about ten years ago, but cancelled my membership. At that time they sent items a few times a year to members with a bill unless they were sent back at the members expense. After returning unwanted books, videos, belt buckles, etc. I dropped my membership. I don't know if that is the practice today. I know if someone sends you something you didn't order you are not obligated to pay for it and believe that was the law back then as well, but I didn't feel right about keeping the objects without paying for them. In the 3 years I was a member I never received a product to test.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2005, 08:48 AM »
I had a similar experience to JerryofWNY about 10 years ago as well and ended up cancelling my membership.  At that time I also didn't care that much for the magazine either.  I did get to be a field tester once for some weedless hooks that I still have but that was about it.  Hopefully all the problems have been fixed by now since my experience with them was so long ago.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2005, 09:04 AM »
Member here, NAFC's a good club, the mags are ok....but  there are some other perks....the giveaways and the product testing can make the membership more than worthwhile.... ;D

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Oh yeah, they  do send random crap to you that you have to send back...

Deposit

« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2005, 01:43 PM »
I actually thought the books to be a good thing. I actually have most of the collection and they have paid off more time than I can remember. Bot the video's I return. One of my friend who is a member received a $100 real to test!

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: Jul 15, 2005, 03:48 PM »
I belonged about ten years ago, but cancelled my membership. At that time they sent items a few times a year to members with a bill unless they were sent back at the members expense. After returning unwanted books, videos, belt buckles, etc. I dropped my membership. I don't know if that is the practice today. I know if someone sends you something you didn't order you are not obligated to pay for it and believe that was the law back then as well, but I didn't feel right about keeping the objects without paying for them. In the 3 years I was a member I never received a product to test.

jerry and bob i canceled mine a year ago for the same exact reason so the problem hasnt been fixed i couldnt keep track of all the stuff they were sending me then find the time to rebox it and go to the post office to send it back. they dont even send a return label and i opened them all the time because i thought it was product testing stuff jheck i canceled my account after i got something for product testing so i tested it and sent in my reply form and 2 months later i got a bill for it and thats when i finally said enough and canceled my account but oddly enough i am a life member of NAHC and havnt had a problem with them sending me things except book wich i kept because my kids like reading them so i guess its all on who they decide to send stuff to everyday and those who dont get anything  ???

fishryc

« Reply #12 on: Jul 16, 2005, 08:28 AM »
I was a member for a few years a while back. Only canceled because I couldn’t keep up with the reading; I had about 6 assorted subscriptions back then. I liked the mag, and I got a lot of free stuff like hooks, plastic worms, etc. (I hope this wasn’t field testing stuff! I make it a point to never read any paperwork (unless ALL else fails!)) About the books etc that you must return or pay for, postal law dictates that if it is unsolicited, sender must pay all return expenses. I always carefully opened it, read it, re-sealed it, and wrote “unsolicited” on it and dropped it in my mailbox. You don’t even have to re-address it; it will go to the return address. (therefore, don’t let this part of membership deter you from joining- I’ll prolly rejoin at next opportunity) :thumbup_smilie:
s
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

turkeyhunter10ga

« Reply #13 on: Jul 16, 2005, 08:49 AM »
I was a member about 18 yrs ago and cancelled my membership after only a couple of years for the same reason as Bob and Jerry, plus i never did get anything to field test      >:( :'(

FishDaddy09

« Reply #14 on: Jul 16, 2005, 02:11 PM »
I had a membership once. I never renewed because i thought the mag was just so-so. I have a friend who is a life member he has never gotten anything to field test. He did get a fairly nice rain suit when he bought the life membership.  I really hate it when anyone sends you stuff that you didn't order. I had Bassmasters do that once I keep the book and ignored all the letters they sent asking me to return it.....they never sent me any unsolicited stuff again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.