FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just curious  (Read 3102 times)

bushnell

Just curious
« on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Does anyone in Alberta actually post any info,or do you just troll for info. I have noticed that very few people post anything, but there seem to be enough hits on the posts to show some interest. As I said just curious.

WorkToFish

Re: Just curious
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2010, 07:14 PM »
hey i post all the time

ryanlookingforperch

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Like any other activity...there are lurkers and USERS.  

I SUGGEST you select the info you share, and the people you choose to share/go with.

I don't post info on how I am doing ar specific lakes anymore.  

I noticed the majority of the people I COMMUNICATED SOLEY OVER THE INTERNET WITH on ICE SHANTY...were  more than welcome to my info....they'd usually B.S'd me to a spot not so great in trade for info........There were plenty of folks on that site that I never met...I wish I would have however.

I found the info there to make my fishing experience better than it ever could have been....

RUMTAN-new species
CMMAHY- getting me into those burbs/new species...
KIM - great info on a lake that had me beat for two years straight....
OLDTROUT - for reminding me...NOT EVERYONE IS A ____...and good times with the family is the key.
TRAVICE - just a good guy, and when he's hunting them whites...look out!! he's serious!! LOL.
BIGJAY - never fished like I had with him one day....VERY INTERESTING trips...beauty scenery!!
Others as well, but you get the point.  I guess in the end...for me it's a new experience and GOOD COMPANY ...more than juicy honey hole info I am after....you know?

I E-mail (PM) those I know to be sportsmen...and not just a ______ out for an possible easy catch on my dime and effort...never to be seen again, in regards to sharing SPOTS.

No I am not a guy with a secret honey hole on every lake...but in the last two seasons I have been heading places myself....not dealing with being 2 hours late leaving...or leaving early cause I decided to drive in another's vehicle...I have hit some REALLY SWEET FISHING.

Biggest thing I hated about the info sharing...was planning trips online...offering up most anything...ppl making 90% commitment to a plan......then no one showing or better yet....going and never meeting up....but posting pics of how they caught a monster at their local "secret spot....or the same place the next day....and you heard no word of the trip....

I mean really....just say you like men, and don't want to fish with me, cause you can't control yourself....something...lol....leaving a guy hanging.....just sucks!!

Cheers!!

bushnell

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Ryan I have to agree with most of your points,as it is now I have a few friends that I will fish with. I will share general info,not exact location anymore. Have been burnt more than once.

warren77

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Most people are trolls...notice how only 25 people post on a regular basis. I refuse to post about good spots anymore..I will talk fish all day long but im not gonna go catch 100 walleyes in a day and tell u where i got them(Unless im your friend).I  put in hours and hours upon miles upon miles...for what? Someone who just trolls and gets good info...no thanks...I know most of the regulars on these sites...There are lots of good people...but i only share with a certain few...

ryanlookingforperch

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Guess it's like anything else...me and some buds are going "shooting" tomorrow...we like this spot alot...I can only imagine the damage done...if one of us gave directions to it...

Agree with you guys 100%.

The Anvil

• MFF Mod Team
  • "Gone Fishing"
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2010, 04:12 PM »
I try to do my best to be helpful, while not intentionally riding the coatails of others.
I have had MANY people offer me rides and the invitation to go out fishing.... and I have turned so many down numerous times.... two reasons. My father raised me that if you can't afford it, you simply do with out until you can, two I'd rather be the one inviting others out and treat them for the day.

I am chomping at the bit to get my darn health back up to par.

I may not be the most knowledgeable fisherman, or have all the special spots, but what I do have is a good personality and don't mind spending time fishing with others alike.

I would like to get out there more and meet up with new people, get my health under control.
I have met many great anglers on Ice Shanty, and have had a few good outtings, and have had to cancel on others.

I won't lie.... Lately I have only been reading the Forums. Last time I was out fishing was with BBJ, back on July 17th??

~Gone Fishing~

bushnell

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2010, 05:41 PM »
In my opinion there is a difference between lurking because you're too lazy to post any info, and checking out the site to see how the fishing is,when you unable because of a health issues .Most of the posts are usually by the same group of people who are willing to share info. I personally check the site on a daily basis, but don''t always add more to a post.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.